PVR Decoder for Linux/Unix/Mac OS X (Console Script)

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

PVR Decoder for Linux/Unix/Mac OS X (Console Script)

Post by sectroyer »

Test it and tell me what do you think :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
mondieu

Re: PVR Decoder for Linux/Unix/Mac OS X (Console Script)

Post by mondieu »

can you tell me which commands I have to use in the terminal / console? I am not so familiar with Linux command line.
Thanks a lot,
Mondieu
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

mondieu wrote:can you tell me which commands I have to use in the terminal / console? I am not so familiar with Linux command line.
Thanks a lot,
Mondieu
This tool is for Linux/Unix/Mac OS X users :) If you are not one of them don't use it :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
mondieu

Post by mondieu »

I*ve understood that it is for Linux. I am using Ubuntu. Any advice how I get this tool working?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

mondieu wrote:I*ve understood that it is for Linux. I am using Ubuntu. Any advice how I get this tool working?
Okay... Unpack. Open terminal, go to directory (cd Directory_of_decrypt_tool). Run ./decrypt.sh. In case of problems post the script output here. Just remember that you have to have all the necessary libraries and since I am not Ubuntu user I might not be able to help you with Ubuntu related problems :)
mondieu

Post by mondieu »

Thanks for your help. I just gave it a try. But was not successful. Aren't there any parameters and switches necessary, e.g. file name, and what to do with it? So I entered exactly what you recommended "./decrypt.sh" and got the following: (it's partly german output. I could translate if needed)
"Checking if drmdecrypt is already compiled.
File drmdecrypt already compiled. Skiping compilation.
Getting PVR list.
nc: getaddrinfo: Name or service not known
Downloading PVR info files.
All PVR info files downloaded.
Select PVR recording to download.

./decrypt.sh: Zeile 78:
Error: Expected at least 6 tokens for --menu, have 4.
Use --help to list options.: Syntaxfehler im Ausdruck. (Fehlerverursachendes Zeichen ist ?: Expected at least 6 tokens for --menu, have 4.
Use --help to list options.?).
rm: das Entfernen von ?./infs/*? ist nicht m?glich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden"
THX!
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Open decrypt.sh with some text editor (nano for example). First two lines should look like this:

Code: Select all

usb=sda1
tvip="tv2"
You have to change sda1 to partition with your recordings and tv2 to ip of your TV :)
mondieu

Post by mondieu »

Okay, I think I am completely on the wrong track. I recorded on a usb hard-disk and copied the files to a directory on my PC. I thought I have a tool that can convert this Samsung stuff into s.th. common. Now I guess decrypt.sh is not meant to work that way, right?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

mondieu wrote:Okay, I think I am completely on the wrong track. I recorded on a usb hard-disk and copied the files to a directory on my PC. I thought I have a tool that can convert this Samsung stuff into s.th. common. Now I guess decrypt.sh is not meant to work that way, right?
This tool connects to your TV, downloads any recording that you want and decrypts it :)
mondieu

Post by mondieu »

Wow, this sound interesting. Is there any kind of rudimentary documentation available, perhaps just a plain text file? Anyway I stop bothering you (for now:)). Thanks so much for your support.

Return to “[F] Software”