[How To] Get root on 2013 Evolution Kit

Here is information about customize your F series firmware.

liminal

Re: [How To] Get root on 2013 Evolution Kit

Post by liminal »

SO could this also be the issue for v4 Netflix, they have hidden a part of it in another location?
liminal

Post by liminal »

OK so I already have the same folder on the AU region hub, but the file is called. empNRDP40

it is already executable so?
M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by M11 »

liminal wrote:OK so I already have the same folder on the AU region hub, but the file is called. empNRDP40

it is already executable so?
empNRDP40 is v4 app. This does not work on non US firmware. It seems to be a firmware issue.

You got v4 app from UK Smart Hub? Change your Smart Hub to a region where there is no Netflix app, open Smart Hub so it can delete apps. Then change back to UK Smart Hub and it should install v3 app. Then backup Netflix app from widgets folder and empNRDP32 from emps folder.
F9000 + SEK-3500U
michael24179

Post by michael24179 »

Work with Evo Kit oscam ?.

does not work for me

shell>sh /mtd_rwcommon/oscam/samyGOoscam
ntpclient already running.
Process not found.
liminal

Post by liminal »

Yeah sorry, I did, BUT i didnt start the app. So it must download this directory on first run. And the V4 was a left over from going to the US hub.

So went back to the UK region hub. Started netflex, got the empNRDP32, went back to the AU region hub and set it all up again. Thats twice in one night :(

I have also ret the permission on the file. But they dont seem to stick? Im just right clicking on the file and clicking permissions in fileziller

Way to make them stick?

Also, maybe related. Every time I start netflix im getting a err:open method fail

An improvement though, thank you :)
M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by M11 »

liminal wrote:Yeah sorry, I did, BUT i didnt start the app. So it must download this directory on first run. And the V4 was a left over from going to the US hub.

So went back to the UK region hub. Started netflex, got the empNRDP32, went back to the AU region hub and set it all up again. Thats twice in one night :(

I have also ret the permission on the file. But they dont seem to stick? Im just right clicking on the file and clicking permissions in fileziller

Way to make them stick?

Also, maybe related. Every time I start netflix im getting a err:open method fail

An improvement though, thank you :)
This error means that it can't start empNRDP32 and thats because the file does not have the permission to run. You can't change the permission with FTP client. You have to telnet to tv and run this command:

Code: Select all

chmod +x /mtd_rwcommon/emps/empNRDP32/empNRDP32
it seems there is some delay when connecting to tv with telnet, at first the commands are not registered. I had to wait a few minutes and run the command again. You can check with FTP client that the permission was changed.
F9000 + SEK-3500U
liminal

Post by liminal »

OK this is new to me.

Im trying to use putty on port 22, but it just seems to hang. Must be doing something wrong, will have a look for a guide. If you know any guides would be helpful.

I can assume telnet works out of the box with SamyGo?

And thanks again, huge help :)
liminal

Post by liminal »

Sorry, I think i got it working though cmd
liminal

Post by liminal »

Yeah thats it... that worked. Just used CMD to telnet in and change the permission.

Thank you so so much!!!!

Now have working Netflix in AU hub!!!
michael24179

Post by michael24179 »

the file libOSCAM.so does not start :(

Return to “[F] Firmware”