Is there a dlna server that support rtsp,hls and run on TV?

Support for C series TVs that all user could ask. Please do not ask a questions at other forums.

Mkò

Is there a dlna server that support rtsp,hls and run on TV?

Post by Mkò »

Hi to all is there a dlna server that worksd can be run directly on tv?
i'm using serviio and it works very well but i'm searching a dlna server that can be run directly on tv.
Is there a way to emulate a dlna server on tv or a server that can run on tv?
i watch only online contents so i no need space on tv to store my file the streams are online no need to download it.
I need only a bridge that can run the streams on tv.
I searching a simple dlna server that can run directly on tv the transcoding functions it's not a problem because i don't need it the stream are natively support by the tv player.
anyone know such programs that can done this?
or maybe a way to emuate the directory with online contents without the need of a program?
maybe is possible do this in mtd_rwarea/dlanwebroot
anyone has more info about or some hints?
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Is there a dlna server that support rtsp,hls and run on

Post by beatfreak »

you could check if mediatomb supports your streaming services, as it is open source you could feed your cc-toolchain with it...
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

You can compile mediatomb to run as DLNA server on TV however the TV itself will not detect it :) What You can do is to have two tv's
TV1 will have DLNA1 and TV2 will have DLNA2. That way on TV1 you will be able to play all files from TV2 and on TV2 you will be able to play all files on TV1. Unless you want to play all files from one TV on different device, mobile, tablet, etc?
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

you tested it that tv doesn't look on 127.0.0.1 for upnp servers?
what about a second virtual nic or a second ip-adress for the existing interface?
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

beatfreak wrote:you tested it that tv doesn't look on 127.0.0.1 for upnp servers?
what about a second virtual nic or a second ip-adress for the existing interface?
TV doesn't like local DLNA server with ANY IP, not only 127.0.0.1 :D
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
Mkò

Post by Mkò »

thanks for answer.i try xpupnd and it acts like a dlna server and is detected from tv and run on tv so i think that maybe is possible.
the probem is that xupnpd doesn't work on c series it says always codec not supported.
anyone know if the tv can read playlist from dlna? on tv there is a dir called playlist but is always empty.
the only things that i know is that the port where the tv looks for resource is 8895.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Mk? wrote:thanks for answer.i try xpupnd and it acts like a dlna server and is detected from tv and run on tv so i think that maybe is possible.
the probem is that xupnpd doesn't work on c series it says always codec not supported.
anyone know if the tv can read playlist from dlna? on tv there is a dir called playlist but is always empty.
the only things that i know is that the port where the tv looks for resource is 8895.
In the configuration that I described any port is good but I will check your suggestion :)

EDIT:
Confirmed that for mediatomb port 8895 doesn't work also :)

EDIT2:
BTW you get the codec unsupported error because you didn't enable transcoding. That is completely normal for C:) I don't know how to enable transcoding in xupnpd :)
Mkò

Post by Mkò »

sectroyer wrote:
Mk? wrote:thanks for answer.i try xpupnd and it acts like a dlna server and is detected from tv and run on tv so i think that maybe is possible.
In the configuration that I described any port is good but I will check your suggestion :)

EDIT:
Confirmed that for mediatomb port 8895 doesn't work also :)

EDIT2:
BTW you get the codec unsupported error because you didn't enable transcoding. That is completely normal for C:) I don't know how to enable transcoding in xupnpd :)
fo but why xpunpd need transcoding if the streams are all mpeg-2 ts streams natively supported from tv?
Damn software limitations.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

TV "natievely supports" different formats for USB playback, DLNA playback and playback files by Widgets :D These are three different things :D You are trying to play a file "natively supported" by TV for USB playback using DLNA playback :) Transcode required :D
Mkò

Post by Mkò »

sectroyer wrote:TV "natievely supports" different formats for USB playback, DLNA playback and playback files by Widgets :D These are three different things :D You are trying to play a file "natively supported" by TV for USB playback using DLNA playback :) Transcode required :D
ok now i undestrood.Thanks :D
i tried first to play it in one custom widget wrote by me and i got it working in sdk emulator but not on tv. :oops:
then i tried with xupnpd without success :oops:
then i try nstreamplayer without success :oops:
then i think to crosscompile ffmpeg e ffplay to use ffplay on tv but i discover that even if i was able to compile it i cant print output on tv screens because i haven't framebuffer driver or access. :oops:
(in the source code the ffplay and ffserver are disabled)
then i tried with serviio dlna server i have set transcoding option to off so i think this mean that serviio does not transcoding the streaming and the video streams works well
only sometimes it give me the error codec not supported but its a random problem, the tv it seems confused on wich codec can support or not.
i also tried your app weebtv but it crash tv mediaplayer i think the problem is that on dlna the files are playable only if the video is complete and the duration is known.

Return to “[C] Support”