Is there a dlna server that support rtsp,hls and run on TV?

Support for C series TVs that all user could ask. Please do not ask a questions at other forums.

apoklyps3

Re: Is there a dlna server that support rtsp,hls and run on

Post by apoklyps3 »

Latest version of serviio is able to use streams from the internet.
Mkò

Post by Mkò »

apoklyps3 wrote:Latest version of serviio is able to use streams from the internet.
Are you kidding? I know but the re isn't a version for armv7
apoklyps3

Post by apoklyps3 »

why would you need it for arm?
you install in on your PC/laptop and you're good to go.
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

reading helps (;
Mk? wrote:Hi to all is there a dlna server that worksd can be run directly on tv?
i'm using serviio and it works very well but i'm searching a dlna server that can be run directly on tv.
Is there a way to emulate a dlna server on tv or a server that can run on tv?
i watch only online contents so i no need space on tv to store my file the streams are online no need to download it.
I need only a bridge that can run the streams on tv.
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
apoklyps3

Post by apoklyps3 »

i must have missed that.
anyway what he wants doesn't exist and most likely will never exist.
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

why not?
using a upnp server to make various online content available for tv without a special app for every provider doesn't sound too bad
and as long as no transcoding is needed tv itself has enough performance to do that
opensource servers can easily be compiled to run on tv hardware
well, its a problem that tv doesn't seem to accept dlna from own interface, but this could be solved somehow...
unfortunately our samys don't have enough power to run some kind of linux-vm with a common distro like debian/gentoo that could use an own virtual NIC with own dhcp-client
what about a second physical NIC like wifi dongle? bind tv-apps to one interface and upnp server to the other -> 2 interfaces in one network should be read as different machines?!
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
kartu

Post by kartu »

I'm using my C series TV to watch stuff from Sat using NStreamLMod (2.54, latest is 3.x, but free version is quite limited and not that great on older TVs anyway).

That widget works with playlists (which can reference other playlists) in XML format.
It's no big deal to do write pgoram that would run on TV itself and would expose online links.

Actually being able to convert online stream into format TV understand is a problem.

I'm using sat box to watch online HDS/HLS streams (livestreamer runs fine on enigma) but it would be great to have something right in TV.
kartu

Post by kartu »

I'm using my C series TV to watch stuff from Sat using NStreamLMod (2.54, latest is 3.x, but free version is quite limited and not that great on older TVs anyway).

That widget works with playlists (which can reference other playlists) in XML format.
It's no big deal to do write pgoram that would run on TV itself and would expose online links.

Actually being able to convert online stream into format TV understand is a problem.

I'm using sat box to watch online HDS/HLS streams (livestreamer runs as a service on enigma2) but it would be great to have something right in TV.

Return to “[C] Support”