Is NonWorking Samsung LN40C630 Bricked?

Support for C series TVs that all user could ask. Please do not ask a questions at other forums.

beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Is NonWorking Samsung LN40C630 Bricked?

Post by beatfreak »

OK, if it's labeled with ex-link then it should be ex-link but the question now is:
is it the A- B-Series Style port (probability 55%)
C- D- E-Series Style but with different Connector (probatibility 40%)
ES-Series Style (5%)

Normally i'd take my oscilloscope and check the voltagelevels between gnd and tx to determine the type, maybe some good multimeter would work too.
Probelm is if you take Style 1 and TV is Style 2 or 3 you fry the ex-link port of TV.
If you take Style 2 or 3 and TV is Style 1 you fry your TTL-Adapter...

before going into the service menu to set debug mode for ex-link port you should have a working cable and see the bootlog.

you could still check with putting a media file and a firmware update for T-VALDEUC (version doesn't matter but NOT 3018.1 / the newest), power on tv normally (power led is off when tv is on) wait ~30 sec for booting to be finished, then plug in usb drive. drive-led should blink short a few times, then press enter/ok on your remote then drive-led should start to blink again.
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
KenO

Samsung LN40C630 LAN Connector?

Post by KenO »

beatfreak,

"it should be ex-link but the question now is: is it the A- B-Series Style port (probability 55%) C- D- E-Series Style but with different Connector (probatibility 40%) ES-Series Style (5%)...Probelm is if you take Style 1 and TV is Style 2 or 3 you fry the ex-link port of TV. If you take Style 2 or 3 and TV is Style 1 you fry your TTL-Adapter..."

Not worth taking the chance!

Since this Samsung has a LAN connector and to my knowledge there should not be any interface problems. Is it possible to do the updates with this LAN?

Ken
KenO

Clarification Media File & Firmware Update Samsung LN40C630

Post by KenO »

beatfreak,

"you could still check with putting a media file and a firmware update for T-VALDEUC (version doesn't matter but NOT 3018.1 / the newest), power on tv normally (power led is off when tv is on) wait ~30 sec for booting to be finished, then plug in usb drive. drive-led should blink short a few times, then press enter/ok on your remote then drive-led should start to blink again."

Need clarification concerning "putting a media file and a firmware update for T-VALDEUC"

Do you mean that I need to do firmware update before can try "power on tv normally...wait ~30 sec for booting to be finished, then plug in usb drive. drive-led should blink short a few times, then press enter/ok on your remote then drive-led should start to blink again."

Hope this can be accomplished using a Windows PC and LAN cable to TV?

Ken
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

KenO wrote: Need clarification concerning "putting a media file and a firmware update for T-VALDEUC"
as i said: power on tv, then wait for melody to play and a bit more time and after this connect your usb drive

firmware updates via lan are not possible.

you do not need to perform the update, we just want the tv so search fot it on usb
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //

~.
KenO

Samsung LN40C630 Linux distro?

Post by KenO »

beatfreak,

"as i said: power on tv, then wait for melody to play and a bit more time and after this connect your usb drive" Will do!

Thanks for your help!!!

Ken
KenO

No Light

Post by KenO »

beatfreak,

Did as you said "power on tv, then wait for melody to play and a bit more time and after this connect your usb drive" Results No Light (not even one blink).

Now am thinking the CPU or other large chip may be out or a fuse link on the board is blown.

Do Samsung Smart TVs have a BIOS like PCs?

Thanks again for your help!

Ken
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

no, service menu is a bit close to the settings page...

get a bootlog from ex-link and you know whats going on...

~.
KenO

Post by KenO »

beatfreak,

Thanks for putting up with a newbie!

"no, service menu is a bit close to the settings page..." Do not understand, would you please restate?

Am checking with some friends to see if they have the parts to make the EX Link component.

Ken
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

where do you live? no usb-ttl adapters on your e bay site? they are usually very cheap (atound 4$)

i tried to say that the service-menu of your samsung TV looks a bit like the settings page of a PC's BIOS that you can access by pressing del at boot...

but the TV doesn't have such a "program" that can be updates like a PC's BIOS

~.
KenO

Good usb to ttl adapters?

Post by KenO »

beatfreak,

"where do you live?" NYC, New York, USA.

"no usb-ttl adapters on your e bay site? they are usually very cheap (atound 4$)" Agree http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... r&_sacat=0

Amazon also has a lot with wide range of prices http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywor ... nlvu18ip_b

My problem is how to tell what is "Good" and what is "Junk"!

Also would also like to be able to use the "usb to ttl adapter" with new Samsung sets (as many different sets as possible).

Any suggestions from the 2 links? Much easier for me to buy in USA than UK

Thanks again for your help!!!

Ken

Return to “[C] Support”