[App] Rooting E, F (and H?) Bluray

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

Err0r88
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] Rooting E and F Bluray

Post by Err0r88 »

How do i install it to an BD f-5500 without smarthub ?
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Err0r88 wrote:How do i install it to an BD f-5500 without smarthub ?
What does it have ? Can you even play movies from usb :D ?
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
Err0r88
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Err0r88 »

Yes it can play movies from usb, it also has dlna and 6 standard apps. But you can't install apps.
Zbych
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Zbych »

I was trying this on my DB-H8900 firmware version 1005 (the method for F players). I have plugged in pendrive while smart hub has displaying apps, and the widget appeared on the list. I have run it and result screen is in attachment. Unfortunately I wasn't able to connect by telnet on any of the mentioned ports. Is there anything else I can do?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Zbych wrote:I was trying this on my DB-H8900 firmware version 1005 (the method for F players). I have plugged in pendrive while smart hub has displaying apps, and the widget appeared on the list. I have run it and result screen is in attachment. Unfortunately I wasn't able to connect by telnet on any of the mentioned ports. Is there anything else I can do?
You can put run.sh in SamyGO_data and I think you are doing something incorrectly :)
Especially this point:
Unpack attached SamyGO_data_F.zip to FAT USB
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
Zbych
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Zbych »

sectroyer wrote: You can put run.sh in SamyGO_data and I think you are doing something incorrectly :)
Especially this point:
Unpack attached SamyGO_data_F.zip to FAT USB
Ok, you were right I read instruction too fast. I have done it again, this time messages were different, but still isn't working :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

yeah it doesn't work for you... Not sure yet how and if it can be fixed at all... Do you have Skype for your bluray ? Maybe you could try one of F tv rooting methods....
Zbych
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Zbych »

sectroyer wrote:yeah it doesn't work for you... Not sure yet how and if it can be fixed at all... Do you have Skype for your bluray ? Maybe you could try one of F tv rooting methods....
No I don't have a skype on BR. You are talking about topic "Rooting E/F 1118, 1120, 2000.2 and 2221.0 "?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Zbych wrote: No I don't have a skype on BR. You are talking about topic "Rooting E/F 1118, 1120, 2000.2 and 2221.0 "?
Nope I am talking about rooting using Skype :)
Zbych
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Zbych »

sectroyer wrote: Nope I am talking about rooting using Skype :)
Unfortunately I don't have skype on my player. I was trying to find it but it is not present in "Samsung Apps" for install. Look like Samsung don't allow to install skype for some kinds of devices.

Return to “BluRay Players”