Samsung UE40C6715US FW for different country

Here is information about customize your C series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR DUMMY USERS questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

djha53k

Samsung UE40C6715US FW for different country

Post by djha53k »

Hello,
couple years ago we bought LED Samsung UE40C6715US from bazaar... so no warranty and etc...
I got idea to try flash TV as well when I was flassing our MMC yesterday... :idea:
But! I found out that probably this TV was never manifactured for Czech (middle Europe) market, but for SE/DK (north Europe) market... no idea how that folk from bazaar got it in here :roll:

Anyway, I spoke with Samsung helpline, but they only said, it is not for CZ market and refused to help me... I google for half day, but did not find any usefull information... so I am here...
The latest FW I found is the T-VALDEUC_3018.1 from 2013... from the Samsung DK web.

As per Samsung Tech web by inserting ue40c6 you can see a lot of UE40C6xxxx LED TV for CZ market...

Questions then are:
- is it possible to flash FW from different model which is targeted for my country or it always has to be the DK/SE only???
- is there something like "general FW" for UE40C6xxx LED TVs???

Thank you very much in advance
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Samsung UE40C6715US FW for different country

Post by juusso »

you don`t need to flash firmware, you just have to unlock extended service menu and set your region to required one.

what is wrong with your TV? It won`t find channels? It does something what it does not supposed to do? What is goal you`re trying to achieve?
I don`t know what exact are you looking for, check this wiki article: http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/How_to ... @TV_region
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
djha53k

Post by djha53k »

TV works fine... lets say no major issue 8-)
But it has two small things which I am not happy with...
- it does not support czech letters ... so its not easy to read TV program names
- time in the TV program Guide is one hour behind the TV time ... so I have to recount it

Thank you I will check that.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Have you tried to re-tune your tv (plug&play-0000- set your country etc) ?

p.s. same problem here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6056
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

djha53k

Post by djha53k »

Yes, I did.
But there are only 4 countries in the that menu: SE / DK / FI / Others
If I set Others, I am not able tune anything... It works OK for SE or FI...
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Okey, you have to unloc extendes service menu (via hotel mode or use IR methods described on wiki) and change Region to paneuro (or Local set - i don`t remember which exact setting exists in C series...).Now i guess it is set to EU-NORD. Be careful in service menu, left/write keys change values! navigate only with up/down and return.

djha53k

Post by djha53k »

OK, thank you... going to read Wiki and then...
I will edit this post later today if it works or not I have to go out now ... :idea:
djha53k

Post by djha53k »

So, I went by the Wiki guide...
- hotel mode menu - OK
- Hotel Option + Clone TV to USB + Sub Option - OK
- but there is nothing like "Info Link Country"

This is the info page.. funny is that Purchase date :o :shock: as we have that TV for over 3 years:

And this is the Option menu:
Seems to me the issue is that NORDIG, but that option is not possible to change, only the bold white menus is possible to change...
That 40A1UF1E is possible to change to many different "text", but I have no idea what that means...

And the last issue is: I am not able to turn off "Hotel Mode". Guide is "Scroll to Hotel Mode (if it is not already highlighted), press ENTER to select it, and press LEFT or RIGHT to turn hotel mode off.", but again... there is not such option there...
So, I just turn TV off and on... and its not there anymore...
And I just found out that Guide button said "Not availabe" even TV programs are there... hmm :roll:
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

1. your pictures are not visible
2. DON`t touch that 40A1UF1E ! you can easily brick if set wrong type!
3. Correct, you have to change NORDIG. But first you have to enable this setting, we call that ungreyed menus - extended service menu.

Local Set - is that what you have to change.

Use search: http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pu ... gsc.page=1

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

TV is ON.
mute-1-1-9-enter
Set hotel mode off
power off.

btw, you also can try ruSamsungTVCommunicator and send required keys via network. No need to play with hotel mode.

Return to “[C] Firmware”