Watching USB recordings on PC

Here for general support for H series TVs, request and problem solve area.

rexx

Watching USB recordings on PC

Post by rexx »

Hi! I'm quite new to LCD TVs and I've encountered a problem.

I recorded a TV show using my UE48H6400 TV and I wanted to copy it to my computer. I had no idea that it was going to be so hard doing such a simple thing. Finally I managed somehow to copy the files to my PC but now I don't know how to make those SRT files usable on my PC. I did a couple of hours of research to address this matter and I found a program called destroi. However, after decrypting those files, they weren't playable.

So the only steps I conducted were:
1. copy files from USB to PC
2. open an SRT file using destroi
3. click "decrypt"

After reading some other threads on this board I read something that the encryption key is stored in the TV itself and that currently there is no way of obtaining it. Does this mean that there is no way for me to watch those files on my PC? I mean, if the encryption key isn't obtainable, couldn't the files themselves be cracked? Any other suggestions on how to watch those recordings on PC?

Thanks!
Lordbyte
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Watching USB recordings on PC

Post by Lordbyte »

Destroi is the preferred decoder for Samsung TV-series before model E(S).
Samsung changed the game when they launched the E-series, and the Destroy software
could no longer obtain keys from the .mdb files.

For model E(S) and F there is another decoder called "SamyGO PVRDecoder". It can be found here on forum.

But you .. You need a decoder for the H-series, and yes .. You guessed it, Samsung has changed the game again.
Now we cant even get the keys out from the TV, BUT ...

A solution IS under way, and you might in fact have your decoder for the H-series soon .. Around Christmas is my optimistic guess.
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
rexx

Post by rexx »

Thanks! :D I didn't know that I needed to turn off automatic updating, so I have the newest firmware now. Will that pose a problem?
Lordbyte

Post by Lordbyte »

rexx wrote:Thanks! :D I didn't know that I needed to turn off automatic updating, so I have the newest firmware now. Will that pose a problem?
It might ... For every upgrade version Samsung pushes, the chance of root slims down.
Disable updates ASAP, and cross your fingers that the version you ended up with is (will become) rootable.
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

A solution IS under way, and you might in fact have your decoder for the H-series soon .. Around Christmas is my optimistic guess.
Good to hear that. It would be for sure a great Christmas present for all us H-series owners! ;)
Tv model: UE40H6400
Firmware: T-MST14DEUC-2117.5
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

tendi wrote:
Good to hear that. It would be for sure a great Christmas present for all us H-series owners! ;)
Just remember that if you don't disable OTN Support in extended service menu you can FORGET abou root :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
Lordbyte

Post by Lordbyte »

I also recommend blocking there 3 IP?s in your router:
(You need only block them for your TV)

tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

Should I set an inbound or outbound filter?
Tv model: UE40H6400
Firmware: T-MST14DEUC-2117.5
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

tendi wrote:

Should I set an inbound or outbound filter?
Both :) But remember to first disable OTN Support :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

I wonder if it couldn't be interesting to block this thing as well: http://vd-emp-prd.s3.amazonaws.com/
Seems to be the only remaining site visited on startup as soon as I block every OTN/ads domains including 3 IPs above (except samsung.com which check available internet connection)
It really looks like versions/update.xml :)
I know I'm a bit off-topic but still looking to avoid recurrent smarthub updates on E :D
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

Return to “[H] Support”