Samba on H?

Here for general support for H series TVs, request and problem solve area.

yuriy228
SamyGO Project Donor

Samba on H?

Post by yuriy228 »

Hi guys!
Is there any known way to run samba connection from h-series TV? I need to open files from local net, and DLNA is very stupid...
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Samba on H?

Post by sectroyer »

yuriy228 wrote:Hi guys!
Is there any known way to run samba connection from h-series TV? I need to open files from local net, and DLNA is very stupid...
Yes we have samba on H. In order to have first think you have to do is to disable OTN Support in service menu. If you don't disable it you will NEVER get samba on H :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
yuriy228
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by yuriy228 »

sectroyer wrote:Yes we have samba on H.
Where can I find information regarding it?
sectroyer wrote:In order to have first think you have to do is to disable OTN Support in service menu. If you don't disable it you will NEVER get samba on H :)
Yeah, it's done :) In regular menu and in SM as well.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

yuriy228 wrote:
sectroyer wrote:Yes we have samba on H.
Where can I find information regarding it?
On this forum of course !!!! You can also follow us on FB and twitter :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
yuriy228
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by yuriy228 »

sectroyer wrote:On this forum of course !!!! You can also follow us on FB and twitter :)
I have learned the forum before. But no any hints about samba for H series. And the wiki tells almost nothing about H too.
Or do you mean that I can try methods described for another series? Have they been tested for H series by somebody? Haven't found information about this too.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

yuriy228 wrote:
sectroyer wrote:On this forum of course !!!! You can also follow us on FB and twitter :)
I have learned the forum before. But no any hints about samba for H series. And the wiki tells almost nothing about H too.
Or do you mean that I can try methods described for another series? Have they been tested for H series by somebody? Haven't found information about this too.
In my signature there is a link to wiki describing how to disable OTN Support. You should start with that :)
yuriy228
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by yuriy228 »

sectroyer wrote:
yuriy228 wrote:
In my signature there is a link to wiki describing how to disable OTN Support. You should start with that :)
Done. Anything else? :)
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

yuriy228 wrote: Done. Anything else? :)
Nope. For now just wait :) Meanwhile you can donate our project :) As soon as all bugs will be fixed full will be released :)
yuriy228
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by yuriy228 »

I'm happy to donate you, as I very interesting in your project.
Any rough planes regarding reaching success with H-series?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

yuriy228 wrote: Any rough planes regarding reaching success with H-series?
Success is (almost) reached :) I use it ever day :) Be patient :)

Return to “[H] Support”