[App] Removing Cinavia on E/F Bluray players

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: [App] Removing Cinavia on E/F Bluray players

Post by sectroyer »

spinoza wrote: Yes, i tested again, everytime i run browser, it can't run discs (even the originals). It says ''not supported disc' and open the disc tray to change it. I have made many many trials, and it can't run disc.
How many times I have to say it's expected behavior on F bluray? :) Run browser (not the app) when you don't want to play bluray/dvd discs :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
nihonjin98
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by nihonjin98 »

I can't seem to telnet into my bluray but I can ftp. Is chmod +x just add execute via permissions in ftp program? Also when I copy both patch files for example series player it appears to remove cinivia but whilst watching it comes back and I have to replace the patch files again. Any idea what I can do to keep patch permanently? Thanks.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

nihonjin98 wrote:I can't seem to telnet into my bluray but I can ftp. Is chmod +x just add execute via permissions in ftp program? Also when I copy both patch files for example series player it appears to remove cinivia but whilst watching it comes back and I have to replace the patch files again. Any idea what I can do to keep patch permanently? Thanks.
NOT informing what bluray model you use is always a "best" start to expect help. Also you DO have telnet :) Check port 5023 ;)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
nihonjin98
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by nihonjin98 »

Sorry I did put the model in but auto correct changed it. It is a BD-E8500 bluray. I tried all ports suggested in the thread. When I use default it just closes. I'm using putty to telnet.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

nihonjin98 wrote:Sorry I did put the model in but auto correct changed it. It is a BD-E8500 bluray. I tried all ports suggested in the thread. When I use default it just closes. I'm using putty to telnet.
DON'T EVER, EVER use F***ING putty to telnet and ask me for help :) Please use normal telnet :)
spinoza
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by spinoza »

spinoza wrote:If i run the browser, then my bluray player bd-f6500, cannot read discs. Says sth like it is dirty ect and take out the disc (even the originals).I would explain all the procedure i have made. 1st step did the rooting, successfully, then in cinavia, when i think i made some mistakes. DO i have to run samygo app again with the new .sh file?and then after restart i just run browser?Also bluray player is not connected to the internet.
Reboot device and DON'T run browser :) Run browser ONLY if you want to play cinavia protected content :) This is known issue on F Blurays :)[/quote]

Everytime i want to play cinavia disc, i have to run samygo app?or just the browser?If i don't run browser cinavia exists.[/quote]

THIS IS A SOLUTION TO A PROBLEM WHERE THE PLAYER CANNOT READ DISKS (DVD OR BLURAY) AFTER ROOTING AND USING CINAVIA PATCH

Finally, with help of sectroyer, i found a solution to my problem. My bluray is bd-f6500 (f series). After rooting the device, and following the cinavia patch instructions, the cinavia protected files (mkv, mp4, avi videos) were playing successfully(no cinavia message) but the dvd-bluray disks were not readable. Even the original ones. The solution to that problem is to replace the file named 'samyext4.img' (which is inside the folder 'SamyGO_data') with a another file (anything you want, for example an empty file 'New Text Document.txt') and name this new file as 'samyext4.img'. After following the root method (open smarthub or browser, a method to trigger telnet to work), I managed to run cinavia protected blurays and files (mkv, mp4, avi) with 'no cinavia message'. A lot of thanks again to sectroyer.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

spinoza wrote: THIS IS A SOLUTION TO A PROBLEM WHERE THE PLAYER CANNOT READ DISKS (DVD OR BLURAY) AFTER ROOTING AND USING CINAVIA PATCH

Finally, with help of sectroyer, i found a solution to my problem. My bluray is bd-f6500 (f series). After rooting the device, and following the cinavia patch instructions, the cinavia protected files (mkv, mp4, avi videos) were playing successfully(no cinavia message) but the dvd-bluray disks were not readable. Even the original ones. The solution to that problem is to replace the file named 'samyext4.img' (which is inside the folder 'SamyGO_data') with a another file (anything you want, for example an empty file 'New Text Document.txt') and name this new file as 'samyext4.img'. After following the root method (open smarthub or browser, a method to trigger telnet to work), I managed to run cinavia protected blurays and files (mkv, mp4, avi) with 'no cinavia message'. A lot of thanks again to sectroyer.
Just one clarification this is ONLY necessary if you want to play cinavia protected DISKS. Also it is ONLY needed because F root is not finished (yet) :)
nihonjin98
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by nihonjin98 »

sectroyer wrote:
nihonjin98 wrote:Sorry I did put the model in but auto correct changed it. It is a BD-E8500 bluray. I tried all ports suggested in the thread. When I use default it just closes. I'm using putty to telnet.
DON'T EVER, EVER use F***ING putty to telnet and ask me for help :) Please use normal telnet :)

Normal telnet worked. Thanks for your help :mrgreen:
sofiane
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by sofiane »

Maybe stupid...
But when i disconnect my blue ray samsung BD H6500 from the internet and only let connect on my network,
i can watch movies that are cinavia infected
Already tested 4 infected movies and plays all without problems
Could this be possible?
It's strange it works, no?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

sofiane wrote:Maybe stupid...
But when i disconnect my blue ray samsung BD H6500 from the internet and only let connect on my network,
i can watch movies that are cinavia infected
Already tested 4 infected movies and plays all without problems
Could this be possible?
It's strange it works, no?
well that it checks movies in online database... I thought it does some caching... Anyway I wasn't investigating it much. Just patched it out ;)

Return to “BluRay Players”