NEW Channel Editor SamyCHAN

This is general talk area for things that NOT RELATED WITH TV! Instead, about internal works like web site, forum, wiki, or talking, etc...

micham

NEW Channel Editor SamyCHAN

Post by micham »

Hey Samy-Fans!

since over a half year i'm a samy-user. Despite the problems i have with netflix (cant connect to Netflix due to ESN which is missing), my UE65HU7500 is very great. The one thing i`ve been missing is a good channel editor (i'm a mac only user). I haven't found any good editor for the H-Series. So i thought i could write my own editor. That i've done and now i would like to present you a new Tool for editing channl-lists:

http://www.samychan.com

Pictures:

I've been working since 2 weeks on it and i'm planning some more features. Currently you can load SCM-Files of the E, F and H-Series and modify it. Furthermore you can edit your favorite-lists (adding channels, sorting channels).

I hope you like SamyCHAN. It would be nice if you report any bugs you find. May you have some feature requests?

Micham
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: NEW Channel Editor SamyCHAN

Post by tendi »

Hi micham, thanks for sharing your software with the community :).
Can you please explain how to export/import a .scm file from the tv?
Tv model: UE40H6400
Firmware: T-MST14DEUC-2117.5
micham

Post by micham »

Hi Tendi.

thx for your Feedback. Its actually very easy to export and import the .scm-File. As far as i know it depends on the series. On my H-Series its this way:

1. Open the Menu
2. Open "Broadcasting"
3. Open "Channel Settings" (last item in list)
4. Open "Transfer channel list"

After entering the personal pin (default 0000) you can choose between export and import.

cheers

michael
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

Thank you, I didn't know this feature. Unfortunately I haven't had the time to try it yet but once I'll test it, I will give you my feedback. :)
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

I've tried SamyCHAN and I'm not sure how to edit my channel list. Under "Terrestrial Analog" there are 99 channels and this is strange because there aren't analog channels on my tv, only digital ones. If I click on it, I can see an empty sheet with 99 rows without names or any other data inside.
If I click "Favourites 1/2/3/4/5", wich shows the number 0 on the side, I actually see my channels in the same order as they are on my tv. I understand that I can change their order, but is it possible to edit their names?
micham

Post by micham »

Sounds strange. Which series do you have? Could you send me your .scm file? Are you on cable or satelite?

btw: i have just updated samy chan. but its only a optical refresh.
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

micham wrote:Sounds strange. Which series do you have?
H-series, model H6400.
micham wrote:Are you on cable or satelite?
Digital terrestrial tv via normal antenna.
micham wrote:Could you send me your .scm file?
Sure, here it is: http://wikisend.com/download/633212/cha ... 0_1201.scm
micham

Post by micham »

Hey tendi.

thx for your support. i fixed that bug. it was very simple. just the navigation item has not been there. now it works.

http://www.samychan.com/54b29d28c2ac2/file/4689/

cya
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

micham wrote:Hey tendi.

thx for your support. i fixed that bug. it was very simple. just the navigation item has not been there. now it works.

http://www.samychan.com/54b29d28c2ac2/file/4689/

cya
Thank you, now I can see all the channels.
I see many duplicates: is it possible to remove them from the list?

UPDATE: when I imported the .scm file on the tv, it didn't work as expected: If I tuned in one channel, for example, another one showed up. And the list didn't maintain my edits at all, in fact I had changed some channels' names but on the tv they were still being shown as before.
micham

Post by micham »

Hey Tendi!

i dont see duplicates in the terrestrial digital list. which duplicates do you mean? basically there is no option for removing channels or finding duplicates at the moment. For the future i want to implement a delete option (deletion itself is no problem. but you have to fillup the deleted channels with empty bytes).

could you switch off and on your tv? i got a similar behavoir on my tv. but after restarting the tv it worked properly.

cheers, micha

Return to “General”