[Ended][ROOT] H "Skype" root (FW<=Dec.2014, all T-GFS)

Here are software that related with Samsung H series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [!!!] Rooting H series (updated 27/01/2015)

Post by tendi »

sectroyer wrote:
tendi wrote: Please exclude also any issue related to a defective pen drive or to software update.
No we cannot EXCLUDE :) Rooting ONLY launches what you have ON USB. If fails AFTER that the problem HAS TO BE with the usb itself or with data ON usb. There is just no other way :)
Can you tell me the checksum value of the img file so that I can check its integrity?
And what about the pen drives? I've tried with many of them. Should I use scandisk or any other tools to check their integrity?
Tv model: UE40H6400
Firmware: T-MST14DEUC-2117.5
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

tendi wrote: Can you tell me the checksum value of the img file so that I can check its integrity?
I think it's somewhere here (last img is NOT from me). Anyway it would not help you much. You have to check it ON TV. It was already confirmed that (for some users with problems) md5 on TV was different from the one on computer
tendi wrote: And what about the pen drives? I've tried with many of them. Should I use scandisk or any other tools to check their integrity?
Well You have to read previous posts. I didn't ANY problems ever :) So hard to tell what's the problem with yours. I know the problem is ON usb and that's all I know :) Besides why the root "stopped working" ? What happened ? :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
leikli
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by leikli »

sectroyer wrote:
tendi wrote: Can you tell me the checksum value of the img file so that I can check its integrity?
I think it's somewhere here (last img is NOT from me). Anyway it would not help you much. You have to check it ON TV. It was already confirmed that (for some users with problems) md5 on TV was different from the one on computer
Is it even meaningful to calculate the checksum of samyext4.img, once rooted? It will change over time, since it is mounted in read/write mode. It is of course meaningful to calculate the checksum before the TV is rooted.
Model: UE40H7005 Firmware: T-GFSDEUC-1210.5 (previously T-GFSDEUC-1142.0)
ryn0909
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by ryn0909 »

I have purchased the ex-link cable from ftdi, its the 3.5mm stereo jack to usb. and i have also purchased the SERVICE manual (un46h6201) from samsungparts.com and i have them both in my possession. Is there anything that i can do with these "tools" that will help with rooting or obtaining valuable info that could aide in obtaining root??
UN46H6201AF-XZA
T-NT14MAKUC-1112.1
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

leikli wrote:
sectroyer wrote:
Is it even meaningful to calculate the checksum of samyext4.img, once rooted? It will change over time, since it is mounted in read/write mode. It is of course meaningful to calculate the checksum before the TV is rooted.
I don't know how it works, I'm only trying to solve my problem. Any good suggestion is welcome.
I think I have root because I can access tv via telnet and ftp, but /mnt folder is empty and PVRDecoder doesn't work.
Using telnet I get the following results:

with port 21:

Code: Select all

Connected to 192.168.1.10.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 Operation successful
and then, whatever command I type, I obtain "500 Unknown command".

with port 23:

Connection closed by foreign host.
with port 31:

Connection closed by foreign host.
with port 3123:

/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
$
with port 33:

/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
VDLinux#> 
Isn't there anything I can do, apart from trying with other usb drives?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Maybe try another USB, not for rooting device but for recording device (a freshly formatted by TV one, at least temporarily) :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

zoelechat wrote:Maybe try another USB, not for rooting device but for recording device (a freshly formatted by TV one, at least temporarily) :)
Already done, unsuccessful.
Moab
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Moab »

Hi all,

first time poster. OTN support set to OFF.

UE48H6770 - T-GFSDEUC-1180.3

I do not have menu items:
Menu->System->General->Quickly Power OFF
Menu->System->General->Samsung Instant ON

should I try to root anyhow ?

--EDIT--

I tried to root and I can connect with telnet and ssh to my TV. I guess I rooted successfully.
leikli
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by leikli »

Moab wrote:Hi all,

first time poster. OTN support set to OFF.

I do not have menu items:
Menu->System->General->Quickly Power OFF
Menu->System->General->Samsung Instant ON

should I try to root anyhow ?

--EDIT--

I tried to root and I can connect with telnet and ssh to my TV. I guess I rooted successfully.
I would be very surprised if you don't have the menu item Menu->System->General->Samsung Instant ON. It may be called something different in other languages. I would recommend you to set it to off, in order to avoid various instability problems.

Have you experienced any strange behaviour? Do scheduled recordings work correctly? Does your TV reboot sometimes? Have you checked the health of your USB PVR drive? Does it contain any corrupted data?
Model: UE40H7005 Firmware: T-GFSDEUC-1210.5 (previously T-GFSDEUC-1142.0)
Moab
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Moab »

leikli wrote: I would be very surprised if you don't have the menu item Menu->System->General->Samsung Instant ON. It may be called something different in other languages. I would recommend you to set it to off, in order to avoid various instability problems.

Have you experienced any strange behaviour? Do scheduled recordings work correctly? Does your TV reboot sometimes? Have you checked the health of your USB PVR drive? Does it contain any corrupted data?
This is the menu System->General, on the right you can see the menu points that are available in the General menu.
Samsung_menu.JPG

Everything seems to be ok. When the USB drive is attached the root access is there, I can use ssh. When the USB drive is not attached there is no root, obviously. I haven't observed any crashes or reboots since rooting. I haven't tried recording yet since rooting.

Here is sam.log
sam.log
I could use some help to understand how to use the extensions. I have the root, now what ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “[H] Software”