[Ended][ROOT] H "Skype" root (FW<=Dec.2014, all T-GFS)

Here are software that related with Samsung H series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

scott5505
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [!!!] Rooting H series (updated 27/01/2015)

Post by scott5505 »

I have posted three times with basically the same question about getting Skype to just start the first script and not received any response. Most posts by other people receive a response. Is there something obvious that I am missing that makes my question sound stupid?

I know that it can be annoying when people ask for help without putting forth much effort on their own; however, I have become familiar with every line of your scripts and am able to copy files back and forth with the cumbersome Java script copy and unzip methods. In fact, I copied the entire root file system to a USB drive to help me better understand how the whole system works. Furthermore, I read through a substantial amount of posts on this web site and others even before making my first post. I do have a technical background and significant amount of experience with Linux, so I have made fair effort to make it work prior to asking for help.

The Java script unzips the files in data.zip to the Skype directory, which I have confirmed using several different methods. I signed in to Skype beforehand and set it to automatically log on and also turned off the updates in the service menu. I am not able to get any of the terminals to work such as Telnet, FTP, SSH, etc.

Is there some other method that I can use to at least get a root terminal? Can I extract and modify the mtd_exe image to edit the rc.local file? Would it be better to install a different version of Skype? I just want a hint for where to look next.

Thanks.

Model Code: UN32H5500
Software Version: T-MST14AKUC- 2126.2
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

scott5505 wrote: Is there some other method that I can use to at least get a root terminal?
No other method is released/supported ATM :)
scott5505 wrote: Can I extract and modify the mtd_exe image to edit the rc.local file?
No
scott5505 wrote: Would it be better to install a different version of Skype?
Don't know :) Usually when you don't get an answer to your question it is probably because nobody knows :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
killdres
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by killdres »

Hi,

Is anybody working on another way then skype to "inject" samygo to H series?

Kind Regards,
leikli
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by leikli »

Moab wrote:This is the menu System->General, on the right you can see the menu points that are available in the General menu.
Samsung_menu.JPG

Everything seems to be ok. When the USB drive is attached the root access is there, I can use ssh. When the USB drive is not attached there is no root, obviously. I haven't observed any crashes or reboots since rooting. I haven't tried recording yet since rooting.
OK, my Menu->System->General menu has more options. If "Samsung Instant ON" does not exist, then maybe it cannot cause any problems.

The reason why I asked about any problems is that I have a similar firmware in my TV and I have had some problems myself. It is interesting to know if other people experience the same problems. The problems may not show up immediately.
Model: UE40H7005 Firmware: T-GFSDEUC-1210.5 (previously T-GFSDEUC-1142.0)
ragnarok32
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by ragnarok32 »

Hi,

Anybody have been succeeded to root a h6400 with T-MST 2600.4 Firmware?

Thanks!
boggn
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by boggn »

OTN support was set to OFF long before modding.

UE55H6270, T-MST14DEUC-1003.1

I do not have menu items:
Menu->System->General->Quickly Power OFF
Menu->System->General->Samsung Instant ON

I was able to connect to telnet, so I guess it worked.
(I have probably one of the oldest firmware versions. I had to pull the power cord and let it cold boot twice.)
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

boggn wrote:
I was able to connect to telnet, so I guess it worked.
(I have probably one of the oldest firmware versions. I had to pull the power cord and let it cold boot twice.)
Good, very good :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
boggn
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by boggn »

I experienced instability without a USB-Stick (if I understand correctly, it boots the kernel image from there or something like that).
Some settings have been resetted after the mod, "sometimes" the time was "gone" (I block internet for the TV at the router side); time was not set or set to ... default setting (do not remember it right now). But not always, that is what confuses me.

After all it was not a hard thing to do.
Question is, am I able to update the TV somehow? (Firmware is old)

I have problems on getting Miracast/WiDi working with my windows tablet. It works with my android tablet. (Not tested after modding.)
That's why I would like to update.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

boggn wrote: After all it was not a hard thing to do.
Question is, am I able to update the TV somehow? (Firmware is old)
You can from usb but you shouldn't :) There is nothing "new" in new firmwares. You will only get bugs and instability :)
boggn
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by boggn »

Well, then I let it how it is.
Probably the problem with Miracast/WiDi is not on the TV side, since my android tablet works.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Return to “[H] Software”