[App] More TV channels on E/F/H series

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: [APP] More TV channels on ES/F series

Post by zoelechat »

Just for report: Doesn't seem to work on E-MST (UE40ES6540), screen remains blank (=black) on launching widget. Tried all versions.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Maybe I'm wrong somewhere? I'm trying with only 1 channel I took from your provided list, so I've created a channel in DTV as advised ("MTV Rocks", channel 60, used 150 as sid and bouquet as in screenshot), and using this xml:

Code: Select all

<rss>
  <categories>
    <category>
      <category_id>0</category_id>
      <category_title>All</category_title>
    </category>
  </categories>
 <channel>
    <item>
      <title>MTV Rocks</title>
      <link>http://nebo.ddns.net:8881/VSxEA672DFFA.php?id=144</link>
      <image>http://www.cyfrowypolsat.pl/img/homepage/logo/big/mtv-rocks.gif</image>
      <description> </description>
      <type>HTTP</type>
      <ch_category>
        <id_category>
        </id_category>
      </ch_category>
      <tvid>60</tvid>
      <source>DTV</source>
    </item>
 </channel>
</rss>
I just had a "Channel Empty..." message while using an old version (0.9.0 I think), then screen remained black too. I see I'm in Smarthub app due to restricted TV menus and unavailable RC keys, but nothing happens until I exit or change source.
wluczykijwf
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by wluczykijwf »

zoelechat wrote:Maybe I'm wrong somewhere? I'm trying with only 1 channel I took from your provided list, so I've created a channel in DTV as advised ("MTV Rocks", channel 60, used 150 as sid and bouquet as in screenshot), and using this xml:
SpoilerShow

<rss>
  <categories>
    <category>
      <category_id>0</category_id>
      <category_title>All</category_title>
    </category>
  </categories>
 <channel>
    <item>
      <title>MTV Rocks</title>
      <link>http://nebo.ddns.net:8881/VSxEA672DFFA.php?id=144</link>
      <image>http://www.cyfrowypolsat.pl/img/homepage/logo/big/mtv-rocks.gif</image>
      <description> </description>
      <type>HTTP</type>
      <ch_category>
        <id_category>
        </id_category>
      </ch_category>
      <tvid>60</tvid>
      <source>DTV</source>
    </item>
 </channel>
</rss>
I just had a "Channel Empty..." message while using an old version (0.9.0 I think), then screen remained black too. I see I'm in Smarthub app due to restricted TV menus and unavailable RC keys, but nothing happens until I exit or change source.
Try to modify it TvList.xml.
When you change:

<source>DTV</source>
to:

<source>OnlineTV</source>
sorry for my english
UE40F8000 (T-FXPDEUC-1136.0), BD-D5500
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Sorry I forgot to tell I had already tried too (tried again though...). Still black :)
Also about newly created channel (sorry quality, forum resizes) :
Clipboard01.jpg
(of course no other existing channel has sid/bouqet=150)
Now channel 60 has original image from the one I copied, without sound (which seems expected to me in case widget don't "cheat" it :?: )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Got it to work, but very little (only sometimes).
I first re-saved channel list through ChanSort which is much better, up-to-date and much less bugged than SamToolBox but unfortunately hasn't option to add Channel (don't know if that step was really useful though).

Now if I wait "a while" and exit manually from endless black screen, IP channel works (once) if I have luck :)
Most of the time it stays on "loading..." (on all channels, even air), or sometimes no image, sometimes no audio (on all channels too then) or simply shows the channel I had pasted to create it (without audio). And in all cases channel info at the upper left stays forever (maybe because I use ChannInfo patch? EDIT: no, stays forever even patch disabled) :)
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Actually "the while" to wait on black screen is very quick (1 or 2 seconds is enough). App just not exits by itself.
One thing I've noticed, OSD at the right is not at all as I can see on your Youtube video: I've got only a small text "Loading" then "Play", no animation nor enhancements at all, maybe problems are coming from there? API or functions you're using maybe doesn't exist on E-MST? Amongst 10% working (which is enough to know it could work) I even had some TV crashes :)
wluczykijwf

Post by wluczykijwf »

zoelechat wrote:Got it to work, but very little (only sometimes).
I first re-saved channel list through ChanSort which is much better, up-to-date and much less bugged than SamToolBox but unfortunately hasn't option to add Channel (don't know if that step was really useful though).
Now if I wait "a while" and exit manually from endless black screen, IP channel works (once) if I have luck :)
Most of the time it stays on "loading..." (on all channels, even air), or sometimes no image, sometimes no audio (on all channels too then) or simply shows the channel I had pasted to create it (without audio). And in all cases channel info at the upper left stays forever (maybe because I use ChannInfo patch? EDIT: no, stays forever even patch disabled) :)Actually "the while" to wait on black screen is very quick (1 or 2 seconds is enough). App just not exits by itself.

One thing I've noticed, OSD at the right is not at all as I can see on your Youtube video: I've got only a small text "Loading" then "Play", no animation nor enhancements at all, maybe problems are coming from there? API or functions you're using maybe doesn't exist on E-MST? Amongst 10% working (which is enough to know it could work) I even had some TV crashes
Whether all these problems are present in v. 0.9.0? Have you tried the latest version of v. 1.0.4 (download/file.php?id=5469) with a sample of channel list (download/file.php?id=5389)?
No sound is due to the problems in switching between sources (TV to Media and vice versa).
In the film, youtube on OSD is more information, because I am loading there a EPG from a local server on your PC.
No API or a function may be a problem disqualifying the OnlineTV app to work on E-MST.
But I do not think that they are such differences in the API. Besides, bartik (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=8760&start=80#p71848) that communicates that OnlineTV is working on his TV with MST CPU, except that in the series F (F6720).
sorry for my english
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

I've got only v1.0.4 to work, lesser versions I tried (v0.9.0 and the one from first post both say "Channel empty...").
There are probably more differences than you think between E and F MST, even if they're both MST. I guess finding why widget stays endlessly black would help a lot to solve other problems :)
Also is it normal not to be able to press any number on RC (or CHLIST, or most keys) without playback to be stopped on each keypress? It's nearly impossible to change channel except with P+/P-, which most of the time result in permanent no audio/video (even on real DTV channel) until TV reboot.
wluczykijwf

Post by wluczykijwf »

zoelechat wrote:I've got only v1.0.4 to work, lesser versions I tried (v0.9.0 and the one from first post both say "Channel empty...").
There are probably more differences than you think between E and F MST, even if they're both MST. I guess finding why widget stays endlessly black would help a lot to solve other problems :)
Also is it normal not to be able to press any number on RC (or CHLIST, or most keys) without playback to be stopped on each keypress? It's nearly impossible to change channel except with P+/P-, which most of the time result in permanent no audio/video (even on real DTV channel) until TV reboot.
The problem with the buttons on fail the widget due to the fact that they register to work for the app when it is detected from the source OnlineTV channel, and unregister when the source is detected DTV or ATV.

In API are exist the event on channel change. But it does not work. That's why I implemented a function that in the loop "while" checking change the channel. By default, it checks every 100 ms. Maybe for MTS CPU is too frequent. Try to increase this value to the 1000s.
In Main.js function:

window.setInterval(function () { scroll() }, 100);
sorry for my english
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

wluczykijwf wrote:In Main.js function:

window.setInterval(function () { scroll() }, 100);
I noticed no difference before TV crash :)
Reproducible: I've set up 2 channels. From DTV I switch to one of them, works -> CH.LIST -> playback stops and restarts a few seconds later with channel list over -> I select the other channel -> ENTER -> Systematic crash, 100% :)
Well, nevermind ;)

Return to “[F] Software”