Starting an application under X

Here for general support for H series TVs, request and problem solve area.

lbalan79
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Starting an application under X

Post by lbalan79 »

sectroyer wrote: Ahh so for you "normal terminal to start up under the current screen" is xterm :) Did you compile xterm yourself using TVs toolchain and libs ? :)
Good point. My next quest will be to do so. I might ask for info this week-end if I get stuck.

About the sound. SDL so libs link to GPlayer process basic sound subroutines. GPlayer doesn't run until a native application/game is run. AudioInit it is pretty simple.

However from here https://jkry.org/ouluhack/HackingSamsun ... ebugOutput:

Code: Select all

102 btsec mod ld
 103 Insmod Broadcom BT PCM Driver
 104 BTPCM btpcm_ibiza_init: ibiza_pcm_buf_left_phy_addr(Default)=0x32d20000
 105 mdrv_emac mod ld
 106 BTPCM btpcm_ibiza_init: ibiza_pcm_buf_size(Default)=86016
 107 BTPCM btpcm_ibiza_init: ibiza_pcm_left_write_phy_addr(Default)=0x32df0b14
 108 ##### System ExeBTPCM btpcm_ibiza_init: ibiza_enable_mark_addr(Default)=0x32df0b66
 109 cution!!! ##### btpcm mod ld

which tells me the broadcom bt pcm cards are used on these devices.

On my machine I have very similar values. However on my tv the values are being inserted by SLauncher. Not sure if this helps but you might want to populate these parameters before trying sound under X. Buffer size might differ depending on model.

Code: Select all

/mtd_exe/SLauncher root /bin/sh -c echo 0x32d20000 > /sys/module/btpcm/parameters/ibiza_pcm_buf_left_phy_addr 
/mtd_exe/SLauncher root /bin/sh -c echo 0x32df0b14 > /sys/module/btpcm/parameters/ibiza_pcm_left_write_phy_addr 
/mtd_exe/SLauncher root /bin/sh -c echo 0x15000 > /sys/module/btpcm/parameters/ibiza_pcm_buf_size 
/mtd_exe/SLauncher root /bin/sh -c echo 0x32df0b66 > /sys/module/btpcm/parameters/ibiza_enable_mark_addr 
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Okay I thought I have explained but let's start from beginning. There is no such thing as "sound under X". Standard way to use sound (in linux) is trough device /dev/. No need to start X to test that :) Until you get such thing working and/or find a kernel driver there is really no point in trying anything else :) No command will help, no magic strings. You either find a driver or code one yourself. It doesn't matter that you have "sound on TV". NO linux app will know HOW to use it. Linux apps know ONLY linux drivers :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
lbalan79
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by lbalan79 »

Yes. I totally get that. But I think where I am not clear is this: isn't btpcm a kernel driver that is used for sound?

Thank you
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

lbalan79 wrote:Yes. I totally get that. But I think where I am not clear is this: isn't btpcm a kernel driver that is used for sound?
Well it might be but until it "exports" standard linux devices that can be accessed with standard api it still means you have to rewrite it :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
lbalan79
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by lbalan79 »

sectroyer wrote:
lbalan79 wrote:Yes. I totally get that. But I think where I am not clear is this: isn't btpcm a kernel driver that is used for sound?
Well it might be but until it "exports" standard linux devices that can be accessed with standard api it still means you have to rewrite it :)
Makes total sense. Starting now to dive into this.

Is this the right toolchain for my tv?

arm-v7a15v3r1-20121018.tar.bz2

From Here: http://opensource.samsung.com/reception ... cation1=tv
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

I am using arm-v7a8v4r3. IIRC a15 didn't work for me :) Not sure what will be best for you. Test :)
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

arm-none-linux-gnueabi :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
lbalan79
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by lbalan79 »

sectroyer wrote:I am using arm-v7a8v4r3. IIRC a15 didn't work for me :) Not sure what will be best for you. Test :)
I will try it. Do you have an arm7l cpu as well? maybe that is why it doesn't work. Can't find arm-v7a8v4r3 on their site :(

Thank you
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

I think "everybody" has arm7l cpus ;)
tempinbox

Post by tempinbox »

lbalan79 wrote:
sectroyer wrote:I am using arm-v7a8v4r3. IIRC a15 didn't work for me :) Not sure what will be best for you. Test :)
I will try it. Do you have an arm7l cpu as well? maybe that is why it doesn't work. Can't find arm-v7a8v4r3 on their site :(

Thank you
you can find cross-compiling toolchains on samygo svn for sources instead just google it or ask @samsung oss.
or you can look here http://bt.loraart.ru/viewforum.php?f=29

Return to “[H] Support”