Android Remote app does not work for H series TVs

Here for general support for H series TVs, request and problem solve area.

luvrajind

Android Remote app does not work for H series TVs

Post by luvrajind »

As we all know that Android app can control the basic functionalities of Samsung smart TV below H series.
It does it via port 55000 and keycodes.

But H series TVs does not respond to Keycodes. Though device can be found.
I tried asking Samsung couple of times, but noone replies.
Please help with this.
thanks
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Android Remote app does not work for H series TVs

Post by zoelechat »

You have to install Smart View 2.0 for H. However, it seems there are issues with Lollipop.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
luvrajind

Post by luvrajind »

zoelechat wrote:You have to install Smart View 2.0 for H. However, it seems there are issues with Lollipop.
Thanks for quick response.

I just checked the smart view 2.0 and found that its available only for higher android versions.
I am using android 2.3.3. But Smart View is different than Remote app. it just converts the Phone into mini TV.

How about using a android remote control for H series TV's. Below is the link of a app available on Google Store
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... hone&hl=en

But it does not work for H series. Any idea how to make it possible vai code?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Protocol is well-known and you'll find shitloads of apps working until F-series. But it's totally different on H and AFAIK nobody got it for now (except official Smart View 2.0, which works also as remote, not only for mirroring) :)
luvrajind

Post by luvrajind »

zoelechat wrote:Protocol is well-known and you'll find shitloads of apps working until F-series. But it's totally different on H and AFAIK nobody got it for now (except official Smart View 2.0, which works also as remote, not only for mirroring) :)

Lol, I even can not do reverse engineering on this because i have older android version and can not get smart view from store.
it works on higher android versions.

But i think if following things are available, we can find find out the way
* Higher android version to get smart view app from store
* H Series Samsung TV
* Router which supports OpenWRT
* Wireshark

Running wireshark at router side will spit all the new Samsung encryptions and H Series remote could be up.

Please suggest if i am wrong.
arris69
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by arris69 »

luvrajind wrote:
zoelechat wrote:Protocol is well-known and you'll find shitloads of apps working until F-series. But it's totally different on H and AFAIK nobody got it for now (except official Smart View 2.0, which works also as remote, not only for mirroring) :)

Lol, I even can not do reverse engineering on this because i have older android version and can not get smart view from store.
http://storage.evozi.com/apk/dl/15/02/2 ... 1428172046

hth
luvrajind

Post by luvrajind »

arris69 wrote:
luvrajind wrote:

http://storage.evozi.com/apk/dl/15/02/2 ... 1428172046

hth

Thanks for sharing the link.
But my router does not support the wireshark within it.
So i must wait untill i purchase new router.

Please share your thoughts if there are other ways to get it done for H Series TVs
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

The point of the link was to download Smart View 2.0 APK (since you can't get it from store) and try to install it manually on your Android device/version, nothing related to wireshark. Anyway if you want to wireshark anything, you first have to get app working :)
luvrajind

Post by luvrajind »

zoelechat wrote:The point of the link was to download Smart View 2.0 APK (since you can't get it from store) and try to install it manually on your Android device/version, nothing related to wireshark. Anyway if you want to wireshark anything, you first have to get app working :)
Oh Thanks mate.
I have done that using blustacks yesterday. but the moment i run it with my android 2.3.3 version, App crashes saying a popup message of UNIDENTIFIED ERROR.

So for me the impression is like if they have avoided the lower android version in the market, it won't work either if i will install the direct apk as well.
i can understand that.

well it did not leave me anywhere with my research at least with my current infrastructure. :cry: :cry: :cry:

:roll: :roll: :roll:
timelery

Post by timelery »

I de-compiled the smart view app for windows.

The good news:
We now have code to accomplish initial device pairing and establish encrypted web socket connection

The bad news:
Samsung never fully implemented the actual remote control feature through the windows app and I am stuck trying to figure it out.

The code works in Visual Studio 2015. It will load up and pair via the pin code. But remote control functionality is not working. Maybe someone can help figure it out.

Here is the code.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4rFn ... FBpcklDRE0

Return to “[H] Support”