Internet@TV widget engine change

Here for general support for B series TVs, request and problem solve area.

jw1001

Post by jw1001 »

I don't remember which user started the thread that got wiped, but just to post a summary for anyone affected the same way.

Widget engine (location UK) upgraded from Yahoo to Samsung, with different UI and only 5 widgets. Didn't work at first due to server error. Fixed around 27 April 2015. Twitter widget not authenticating. Speed test not working.

Samsung must have given up for now, since yesterday the Yahoo engine re-installed, though with an update that means the TV picture and sound are off when the widgets are displayed - not an improvement.
kornster

Re: Internet@TV widget engine change

Post by kornster »

Yesterday Samsung youtube widget stops to work. It seems that youtube has blocked the support for old widgedts. Any idea to restore it?
geo650
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by geo650 »

YT widget disappeared on my TV, too. ... as well as on C-series and D-series!

I don't know if porting this is possible but maybe someone could take a look on this:
http://flavio.tordini.org/minitube
https://github.com/flaviotordini/minitube
or similar projects. Or maybe it is possible to transfer YT widget from other (newer) TV model?
arris69

Post by arris69 »

kornster wrote:Yesterday Samsung youtube widget stops to work. It seems that youtube has blocked the support for old widgedts. Any idea to restore it?
just youtube? the other widgets are ok?
kornster

Post by kornster »

arris69 wrote:
kornster wrote:Yesterday Samsung youtube widget stops to work. It seems that youtube has blocked the support for old widgedts. Any idea to restore it?
just youtube? the other widgets are ok?
yes just the youtube widget doesn't works and it s impossible to download it again
mielcar

youtube problem

Post by mielcar »

Hi guys!
I got a youtube problem. I do not use sammyGO yet.
Internet@tv is not working at all at the moment. Few days ago when it worked I got youtube problem.
The widget got automaticly uninstaled. I couldnt do anything.
My question is. Does the youtube widget work fine with sammyGO?
I just wonder if should I move to sammyGO.

POST MOVED FROM BRAINSTORM SECTION
mielcar

Post by mielcar »

I got the same problem. I tried to install yahoo widgets. The youtube doesn't work as well. Then I tried to get back my polish widgets. I can't get them back. I'm getting the info Connection problems. Other stuff like pc, laptop, smartphone etc are working well. Anynone knows what to do? Is there any chance to get youtube back? Tried to contact Samsung. They just told me it's not their problem. They can no do anything to fix it.
It's pretty fuc.. up situation. It's like you're buying a new car and after few years youre being told "we are not able to get the fuel to your car anymore!" SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SICK!
arris69

Post by arris69 »

mielcar wrote:I got the same problem. I tried to install yahoo widgets. The youtube doesn't work as well. Then I tried to get back my polish widgets. I can't get them back. I'm getting the info Connection problems. Other stuff like pc, laptop, smartphone etc are working well. Anynone knows what to do? Is there any chance to get youtube back? Tried to contact Samsung. They just told me it's not their problem. They can no do anything to fix it.
It's pretty fuc.. up situation. It's like you're buying a new car and after few years youre being told "we are not able to get the fuel to your car anymore!" SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SICK!
not really true what samsung tells, samsung turned off the widgets for b-series.
in some countries full
in others switched back to (truly dead) yahoo engine
and where samsung widgets keept there is youtube turned off.

only solution is you make you own server, there is some stuff published on samygo svn server (but b-series needs special network hacks, can't remember its full implemented or not)

for reference the youtube widget is there: regards and happy hacking
arris
mielcar

Post by mielcar »

Thank's for a quick reply Arris69.
Well it looks like there's hope. Where should I look and search for more infos about svn server on B series?
regards
Mielcar
geo650

Post by geo650 »

mielcar wrote:Then I tried to get back my polish widgets. I can't get them back. I'm getting the info Connection problems.
Maybe you should try again to install "standard" widgets, because it didn't work lately but now it seems to be back. See snapshots made just a few minutes ago:

Of course speed testing isn't working and YT widget is gone.

Now, more interesting part. I have tried to run deteled YouTube widget by uploading it into other place in /mtd_down/widgets/manager/400009002 directory and link "index.html" to be called on Internet@TV button. And that's the result:

I was able to play only these 2 videos form YouTube, nothing more. I coudn't change category because cursor buttons didn't work, but I suppose there are no more videos available that way.

Return to “[B] Support”