[App] libHideVarious B/C/D/E/F/H

Here are software that related with Samsung C series TVs, applications, programs that will run in your TV or computer...:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

[App] libHideVarious B/C/D/E/F/H

Post by zoelechat »

Patch allows to hide various and often annoying "features" you wouldn't want TV to show at all. It's meant to grow on request, if you have something to hide, just tell me too late ;)

Usage:
*For D series (arm), replace every instance of /mnt below by /mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user/SamyGO/SamyGO
*For C series (arm), replace every instance of /mnt below by /SamyGO on your rooting USB device
*For B series, latest samyGOso is there.
  • Get latest samyGOso from there and copy/overwrite samyGOso file (not folder) to /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/bin
  • Set permissions if needed (usually not if overwritten)

Code: Select all

chmod +x /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/bin/samyGOso
  • Extract attached archives and copy libHideVarious.so to /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso (create folder if needed).
  • Execute

samyGOso -d -A -B -l /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/libHideVarious.so [arg1...argN]
    Usable args are:
    • PARENTAL_LOCK - Completely disable parental lock (in case TV still asks pincode on -18, even disabled in menu).
    • MUTE_ICON - Hide mute icon on mute. D/E/F/H only.
    • SOURCE_BANNER - Get rid of any info banner on external source (especially on HDMI resolution change).
    • POWER_INDICATOR - Hide the kind of useless "power gauge" at the lower right on pressing info button.
    • MENU_SOURCE_ICON - Hide source icon at the upper right while browsing main menu (some user complained it was so bright on plasmas that it could even cause image retention!). D/E/F/H only.
    • NO_SIGNAL_HDMI - Hide middle screen popup when no signal on external source/HDMI.
    • CHANNEL_BOX - Hide channel box at the upper left when browsing channels with CH+/CH-.
    • CEC_VOLUME - Hide *enormous* HDMI-CEC (AnyNet+) volume control bar/message. D/E/F/H only.
    Logfile is written to /dtv/HideVarious.log
  • Autostart
    • Copy 99_90_HideVarious.init to /mnt/etc/init.d
    • Set permissions

chmod +x /mnt/etc/init.d/99_90_HideVarious.init
    • You can change OPTIONS value on top of script and add/remove what you expect, default is

OPTIONS="PARENTAL_LOCK POWER_INDICATOR MENU_SOURCE_ICON"
*Changelog:

19/5/2015
v0.1.4 - Added CEC_VOLUME option
29/4/2015
v0.1.2 - Added B/C support
26/4/2015
v0.1.0 - First release
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
quintrix
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] libHideVarious B/C/D/E/F/H

Post by quintrix »

zoelechat wrote: PARENTAL_LOCK - Completely disable parental lock (in case TV still asks pincode on -18, even disabled in menu).
So, when somebody is using for example the official CI+ CAM of "sky germany". Some shows require a youth protection pin code which you can't deactivate in the settings. Does your app annul that?
UE46F7080
UE46D6200
UE40F6500
UE40F6270
UE32F5070
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

quintrix wrote:So, when somebody is using for example the official CI+ CAM of "sky germany". Some shows require a youth protection pin code which you can't deactivate in the settings. Does your app annul that?
Honestly no idea, CI might use its own content rating management, but it's worth the try :)
mdeeeee
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mdeeeee »

Can you hide Anynet vol.up/vol.down message?
SpoilerShow
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

mdeeeee wrote:Can you hide Anynet vol.up/vol.down message?
Added option as requested, first post updated :)
tempinbox

Post by tempinbox »

Hi i tried this hack and it works well in my C series except for mute if i enable hide mute icon the remote button for mute doesn't work and i can't mute my tv and access hotel mode men? with mute 119 power.
Can you fix this? In addiction i have one request when i use the pvr function in C series there is one annoying floating icon that says 'recording' is possible use this lib for hide it? Thanks
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

tempinbox wrote:Hi i tried this hack and it works well in my C series except for mute if i enable hide mute icon the remote button for mute doesn't work and i can't mute my tv and access hotel mode men? with mute 119 power.
Can you fix this?
Fixed: MUTE_ICON: D/E/F/H only. :D (thanks for feedback)
tempinbox wrote:In addiction i have one request when i use the pvr function in C series there is one annoying floating icon that says 'recording' is possible use this lib for hide it? Thanks
No idea what you're talking about. Sorry but I'm not willing to patch anything specific to C. You should already consider C support for some stuff as bonus :)
geo650
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by geo650 »

Hello! On LE40B650 I cannot hide external input banners (HDMI, DVD,...) - like on this snapshot:

I was also trying to find right function, without success. Tested exeDSP functions:

_ZN14CViewerManager17ShowChannelSourceEii (this function is used in libHideVaroious for SOURCE_BANNER option)
_ZN14CViewerManager17ShowChannelSourceInfoEv
_ZN14CViewerManager17ShowChannelDirectTuneEib
_ZN14CViewerManager15ShowStateBannerEi
_ZN14CViewerManager7ShowPIPEib
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Well, I'm not sure it has been really tested at all on B... If you find the right function to patch, tell me, you have more suitable hardware than me. :)
Else I'll need to solve it the same way as MUTE_ICON report above: "D/E/F/H only" ;)
smart_lover
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by smart_lover »

Great lib!

Return to “[C] Software”