shell access

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

mvusr

shell access

Post by mvusr »

Hi guys,
Any ideas yet how to access a shell over telnet, nc or a serial connection on the J Series TVs?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: shell access

Post by juusso »

Hi there. The J series is quite new and we do not have permanent solution yet. Some devels are working on it, we have some success already, but as i said, nothing for public yet. If you have exlink cable, you could try to check if you get some debug log...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
mvusr

Post by mvusr »

Thanks for replying, I actually already tried the exlink port but without success yet. I'm able to receive debug and log messages on my serial console, however, the TV doesn't seem to take or respond on any input data. I'll probably try to fuzz over serial to check if this results in any response. Would appreciate any suggestion or hint about key combinations or else to achieve this...
bugficks
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by bugficks »

not much to fuzz it seems. check kernel source for SELP and then enter in browser "file:///proc/cmdline" :)
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

mvusr wrote:I actually already tried the exlink port but without success yet. I'm able to receive debug and log messages on my serial console,
what cable have you used and what pinout/terminal settings?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
mvusr

Post by mvusr »

juuso wrote:
mvusr wrote:I actually already tried the exlink port but without success yet. I'm able to receive debug and log messages on my serial console,
what cable have you used and what pinout/terminal settings?
I use a regular RS-232 to USB cable but attached an audio jack to pins 2(in),3(out) and 5(ground). My terminal settings are 115200N8.
mvusr

Post by mvusr »

bugficks wrote: browser "file:///proc/cmdline" :)
That's just great! :D
So according to cmdline, a console should be active, but how to access it?
Didn't figure out yet what you mean with SELP... a file within the kernel source?
bugficks

Post by bugficks »

grep for SELP in HawkM/P kernel source from samsung opensource site
mvusr

Post by mvusr »

my cmdline:

Code: Select all

dtsversion=All_DVB_RCA_0026_sdp1406-UHD-2.5G-tizen root=/dev/mmcblk0p23 init=/sbin/init rootfstype=vdfs ro console=ttyS0,115200       rootwait no_console_suspend earlyprintk sdp_sparsemem vmalloc=550M quiet
Unfortunately there is no SELP_ENABLE=xxxxxxxx parameter like in previous models. So, this might be a dead end....?
bugficks wrote:grep for SELP in HawkM/P kernel source from Samsung opensource site
I checked in the source and found several SELP codes, and also a specific code for my arch, but non of them worked,
The available Samsung opensource kernel version for my TV model is 3.10.28, but my TV was shipped with a newer kernel version 3.10.30, which is not available. Not sure if it makes a big difference anyway...
bugficks

Post by bugficks »

thats why i said that there might be not much to fuzz :)

samsung doesnt take much care of versions ...

Return to “[J] Support”