Rooting LATEST H firmware [discuss]

Here for general support for H series TVs, request and problem solve area.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: [!!!] Rooting LATEST H firmware

Post by sectroyer »

I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
FilipeAmadeuO
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by FilipeAmadeuO »

Ok. Maybe it?s better to create a list of firmware versions/model that are not able to change the OTN...
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

FilipeAmadeuO wrote:Ok. Maybe it?s better to create a list of firmware versions/model that are not able to change the OTN...
If that helps you somehow :) You can do anything you want :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
TOMillr
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by TOMillr »

noxinu wrote:modify the DNS records to point to a different ip... just on itself by using loopback / 127.0.0.1 or something.
Just using a custom dns server and blocking the tv from accessing the update server would probably be the easiest way. I'm sure I could set something up for the loyal SamyGo users...

Does anyone know which IP the tv uses to ping the Samsung servers for those forced firmware updates?
racocvr
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by racocvr »

TOMillr wrote:
noxinu wrote:Does anyone know which IP the tv uses to ping the Samsung servers for those forced firmware updates?
It may be www.samsungotn.net
TOMillr
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by TOMillr »

racocvr wrote: It may be http://www.samsungotn.net
Thanks, can someone second that?

Btw, are you guys sure that they didn't just move the option to change the OTN Support value to the extended service menu? The "FACTORY+3SPEED" one?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

TOMillr wrote: Btw, are you guys sure that they didn't just move the option to change the OTN Support value to the extended service menu? The "FACTORY+3SPEED" one?
The H8200 example I just gave link to WAS from extended service menu :)
TOMillr
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by TOMillr »

Uh, that's bad.

Setting up a DNS proxy which blocks the TV form pinging the Samsung OTN servers would be the best solution we have right now.

I'll be able to set something up, as soon as somebody can verify which URL the tv uses. Is it just the single domain racocvr posted above?
noxinu
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by noxinu »

hi guys..
on 2710 and 2740 I found an OPTION named "OTN support" under OPTION >> MRT OPTION...
same like here viewtopic.php?t=8001

is that a different function??
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

noxinu wrote:hi guys..
on 2710 and 2740 I found an OPTION named "OTN support" under OPTION >> MRT OPTION...
same like here viewtopic.php?t=8001

is that a different function??
If it's exactly "OTN support", that's the right one so set it to off ASAP, and don't touch to other "OTN" things :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

Return to “[H] Support”