Call for F bluray testers

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Call for F bluray testers

Post by sectroyer »

I am looking for F bluray testers who want to help make root more stable and cinaviapatch better. Best if you have:
- some linux/rooting experience
- some "cinavia experience" (enough if you know how to make it appear :D)
- live in europe (or at last not far from GMT+1, sorry US/Australia testers :P)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
foxy6800

Re: Call for F bluray testers

Post by foxy6800 »

Hello,

I have two samsung bd-f5600 and willing to help

Regards
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

foxy6800 wrote:Hello,

I have two samsung bd-f5600 and willing to help

Regards
Very "informative"... What about "requirements": linux/rooting experience, cinavia experience, timezone ? :P
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
foxy6800

Post by foxy6800 »

sorry,

I should have explained more, I have few years of experience working with Linux (Ubuntu in particular, my main OS on my laptop).
Rooting experience on android devices and basic knowledge of rooting apple devices
I am based in UK, thought that was on my profile.
I have various files (AVI files) with Cinavia protection that I can use fro testing, to be perfectly honest, I don't know how to force it to come up :oops:
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

foxy6800 wrote:sorry,

I should have explained more, I have few years of experience working with Linux (Ubuntu in particular, my main OS on my laptop).
Rooting experience on android devices and basic knowledge of rooting apple devices
That's good :)
foxy6800 wrote: I am based in UK, thought that was on my profile.
In profiles users often but outdated stuff :)
foxy6800 wrote:s
I have various files (AVI files) with Cinavia protection that I can use fro testing, to be perfectly honest, I don't know how to force it to come up :oops:
It should come up once you try play a file on Bluray device :)
foxy6800

Post by foxy6800 »

I am happy to help, if you are still looking for a tester
andbir
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by andbir »

I would like to help out of course, I have the HT-F9750 W combined blueray player and surround system. I have already achieved root on this device but the Cinavia hack for F-series blueray players does not work. The root procedure has to be performed more or less from scratch each time so it is not a permanent root.

(My TV is a UE46-B7050 which also is rooted the proper way i.e. permanently patched +autostart of some hacks +automounting nfs share)

Rooting experience also on Android. Know enough linux to find performance problems in my NAS and set up autostart of various services and how to set up an X client on another machine with tunnelling over SSH and how to write some simpler shell scripts. More complex Linux scripting with awk etc is currently too complicated for me. I do not have a compiler environment set up but i guess i could do it with some initial trouble.

I do know how to make Cinavia appear.

I am in Europe I will be happy to open up my firewall for your access.
I am already a closed area paying member.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Due to lack of interest from tester I will inform that call is STILL ACTIVE :D
Hawke27
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Hawke27 »

Hi,

i'm using the Samsung BD-F7500/EN Player. The other 3 things you expect are also available :-)

With best regards,

Hawke27
Jafarkhan

Post by Jafarkhan »

Hi I have a F9750 home theater system and a F8880 TV . I am comfortable with linux and Mac OSX and i am quite flexible with time.
Glad to be of help if it means that we can help out each other

Return to “BluRay Players”