[App] Rooting E, F (and H?) Bluray

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

TauPan
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] Rooting E and F Bluray

Post by TauPan »

Giving up.

I lost root (no open ports ending with 23), and provisioned a new usb stick with fresh files, but I can't get the installer to appear.
NeoMoucha
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by NeoMoucha »

try resetting smarthub with usb plugged in, it works for me when I have trouble displaying the icon/installer in smarthub
I love SamyGO :)
TauPan
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by TauPan »

Hm, not sure what you mean by "resetting smarthub". Some option in the tool menu?
NeoMoucha
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by NeoMoucha »

yeah, if you can't find it in the meantime, I will write exact procedure in the evening
TauPan
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by TauPan »

I think I should be able to find it. I might try this evening. Thanks!
TauPan
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: RE: Re: [App] Rooting E and F Bluray

Post by TauPan »

NeoMoucha wrote:try resetting smarthub with usb plugged in, it works for me when I have trouble displaying the icon/installer in smarthub
I've reset smarthub around 3 times now, with usb plugged in, without effect (other than getting rid of all those useless junk apps). Hmm.

(For the record, it's in the extras menu, settings, reset (for me: extras, Einstellungen, zur?cksetzen, the exact names depend on the language setting))
NeoMoucha
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by NeoMoucha »

yeah the location is correct, weird, you can try disconnecting internet and resetting again if it makes any changes?
- before it, just to be sure, reformat the usb and copy all needed files again to it
TauPan
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by TauPan »

Tried with or without internet, reprovisioned usb key with FAT16 and FAT32, on two different sticks (ok, I did not try all 8 possible combinations, but you get the idea). No icon. Even tried some other tricks (letting the dialog time out, plugging in the usb while smarthub is running...).

BTW I just realised that blocking firmware upgrades on my device might not work at all, because it's able to receive updates via satellite. (And I'm certainly not going to unplug the Sat-receiver, that would render the device useless to me...)
NeoMoucha
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by NeoMoucha »

Well... you did what you could, seems you are just not lucky...
Unfortunately that is the possibility too :o(
We can only hope someone will have time to make a proper firmware based samygo unlock for our devices in the future...
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

I would try "more apps" icon ;) Recently I noticed many people don't know it exists :o :shock:
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

Return to “BluRay Players”