develop account

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

gunter

Re: develop account

Post by gunter »

First I need to say this installing of user apps in really easy in J series in other series we need to use Samygo hack and pass with ftp.
And my question:
I did created 'userwidget' folder and installed some apps from my other e-series TV. Apps works fine but icon not showing in apps folder. I tried all resolutins 117x117 and 512x423 and also put in xml ( <icon src="icon.png"/>) but icon still not there. What did I missed.

THX
RypeDub

Post by RypeDub »

Can you do this with a folder in your TV's root storage?

Or does it have to be USB?

I wanna move away from the USB.
55" Samsung 4K uHD Smart TV Model Number UN55HU6830 Running Firmware Version T-NT14UAKUC-1130.8

Rooted ;)
gunter

Post by gunter »

Just put name.zip (netflix, vevo, or what ever app do you have....) on USB where must be folder named "userwidget' and zips inside. It will automatic install and after installing you can remove USB. But problem with icon not showing still exist. You need to set dns if you want for apps to work in your region.
RypeDub

Post by RypeDub »

I'm USA and again: can I install off the TV it's self? Or does it have to be USB?
55" Samsung 4K uHD Smart TV Model Number UN55HU6830 Running Firmware Version T-NT14UAKUC-1130.8

Rooted ;)
gunter

Post by gunter »

The best is just that you can install multiple apps from different regions. And now to your quesion, in J-series TV it must be USB (formated to fat32). We need to wait to get Samygo root but Tizen is harder OS to break then other versions
smilemp13
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by smilemp13 »

I have a JS9000 TV and using smart DNS (Unblock-US) to watch Netflix and Amazon (I have changed the Smart Hub region to US), but unfortunately I cannot see my country specific apps (i.e. voyo, seenow).
I understand that using USB (drop apps on 'userwidget' folder) we can ran Country Specific Tizen apps, may I ask where to download those Tizen apps?
Also, M-Go has a bug with European firmware and impossible to install it (error code 122) I would like to side-load from USB, did someone has the latest version (updated on hub on 11/23/15)?
JS9000+Nvidia SATV+AVR-X2000
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

I think you should use "smart DNS" to block updates ASAP :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
smilemp13
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by smilemp13 »

Ok, thank you, I did this, blocked on router., but I asked something else.
JS9000+Nvidia SATV+AVR-X2000
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

smilemp13 wrote:Ok, thank you, I did this, blocked on router., but I asked something else.
That's good. You can't start without it :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: RE: Re: develop account

Post by M11 »

smilemp13 wrote:I have a JS9000 TV and using smart DNS (Unblock-US) to watch Netflix and Amazon (I have changed the Smart Hub region to US), but unfortunately I cannot see my country specific apps (i.e. voyo, seenow).
I understand that using USB (drop apps on 'userwidget' folder) we can ran Country Specific Tizen apps, may I ask where to download those Tizen apps?
Also, M-Go has a bug with European firmware and impossible to install it (error code 122) I would like to side-load from USB, did someone has the latest version (updated on hub on 11/23/15)?
M-Go install fails on European firmware because of a missing emp (for hard drive access).
You can install M-Go if you remove the emp line from config.xml. Everything except movie download will work.
F9000 + SEK-3500U

Return to “[J] Support”