[Solved] J5670 PVR enabling works until Power cycle

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

phonk
SamyGO Project Donor

[Solved] J5670 PVR enabling works until Power cycle

Post by phonk »

Hi,

I'm able to activate pvr via extended Service Menu. I close it with the FACTORY button and be able to Format a hdd and be able to record and timeshift.

After powercycle the tv the Option is set to off again. How Do i Save this permanently ?
Last edited by phonk on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tempinbox

Re: J5670 PVR enabling works until Power cycle

Post by tempinbox »

I think that like on old C series you have to Change the model options and set one model with pvr enabled by default.
Every model has a preset of enabled functions, you can try to change model and see for every model the difference.
You have to select a model that is similar to Your hardware otherwise you can get the picture rotated, or distorted or the source altered.
Post Your firmware version for reference.
You're Lucky :D Your TV is like the old t-valdeuc C series.
phonk
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by phonk »

Thanks for reply, I figured out that in j Series only the uhd Models have pvr. So the nearest Model is the ju6500 but this Set The Resulution Set from FHD to uhd which is grayed out. I didnt give that a try. How High is the brick Risk Setting a FHD Display to uhd ?

FW is T-HKMFDEUC-1411.0
phonk
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by phonk »

Solved:

Changed Region from EU_GER to EU pvr is default ON and stays on.
tempinbox

Re: [Solved] J5670 PVR enabling works until Power cycle

Post by tempinbox »

i don't know if uhd is only a software trick or require specific hardware but i can say that on older model when i try to enable the 3d where the hardware is missing i only get the picture getting worse but no brick.
If you set watchdog off you can try all model presets in your tv.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

tempinbox wrote:i don't know if uhd is only a software trick or require specific hardware
Of course it does NOT require ANY hardware change. Same as with HD. Simply take your standard SD TV. When you set to HD you simply multiply number of pixels by 4, for UHD by 16 and for SUHD by 64 :) I tried analog TV on SD, HD and UHD TV and all works. It's THE FUTURE :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
tempinbox

Post by tempinbox »

sectroyer wrote:
tempinbox wrote:i don't know if uhd is only a software trick or require specific hardware
Of course it does NOT require ANY hardware change. Same as with HD. Simply take your standard SD TV. When you set to HD you simply multiply number of pixels by 4, for UHD by 16 and for SUHD by 64 :) I tried analog TV on SD, HD and UHD TV and all works. It's THE FUTURE :)
does this mean that is possible to enable the uhd on non uhd models?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

If you replace panel by one with 4 times more pixels, maybe :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

zoelechat wrote:If you replace panel by one with 4 times more pixels, maybe :)
NOT correct :P You are just jealous because you do NOT appreciate analog TV :P
tempinbox wrote: does this mean that is possible to enable the uhd on non uhd models?
Of course. Analog TV can be played on ANY TV. You even do NOT have to "enable" it per se. All this "pixel" crap is just bullshit. It all based on how you use device and which signal do you use :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Analog?? Watzat? ahh... some ancient technology from last century :) (near to archeology)
You should try some UHD source on UHD screen, maybe you'd see a difference...
FYI: UHD doesn't pass through Scart :P
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

Return to “[J] Support”