[App] libFitScreen D/E/F/H

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: [App] libFitScreen D/E/F/H

Post by zoelechat »

True that this patch is probably useless for who never noticed 15% picture was cropped, but indispensable once you know it :)
Fixing this nonsense had been regularly requested from the very beginning of SamyGO (I mean: nothing new...)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Htchoicy
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Htchoicy »

zoelechat wrote:No patch requires any coding nor special knowledge :D
It's ready to use, just follow procedure.

File handling: FTP on port 21
Commands: Telnet on port 23
(if you don't know what they are, use Google...)

If you can't connect to one or both, it means your TV is NOT rooted, simple as that. :)
Thanks. I got it to work and followed all your instructions including auto start but for some reason once I turn off the tv and turn again, the crop is back!! Could you think of why?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

If you correctly installed autostart, it's still mandatory to wait for root and patch to start (generally about 1-2 min).
If you're on an SD (or 720) channel at this time, you should see patch being applied:
1ST POST wrote:If patch detects TV source and non-FullHD channel as being currently watched on injection, display will be "refreshed" and a ~1sec blackout will occur to apply new sizing.
Otherwise you missed something in autostart :)
(or root, if I believe other thread...)
Htchoicy
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Htchoicy »

Thank you so much for your prompt response and help!! :-)

I will try again tomorrow. By the way, im from australia and for reasons i cant explain samsung has decided to crop and disable screen fit for channels that get 1080i as well. When i spoke to samsung tech team, they explained that it is due to local channel compatibility issues. Load of crap!!! Do you think an app would get an update to force "screen fit" for 1080i channels as well? Thank you once again
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Htchoicy wrote:Do you think an app would get an update to force "screen fit" for 1080i channels as well?
I'd say it's already done by current patch, no? Maybe once you switched channel? (in such case only initial channel refresh would need to be systematic, disregarding detected resolution).
kartu

Post by kartu »

Great mod.

Is there any chance of a more flexible version, with a config file?

And another pipe dream, is it possible to have per channel settings?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Don't hold your breath :D
kartu wrote:Is there any chance of a more flexible version, with a config file?
An empty config file? There are no options.
kartu wrote:And another pipe dream, is it possible to have per channel settings?
No :)
kartu

Post by kartu »

Thanks for answering.

Well, config file would define named resolutions/crops, hence the flexibility.

Regarding per channel settings, is it complicated or just lack of interest on authors side?

Just to explain why I'm asking about it, my cable providers uses a bunch of formats. Some are true 16:9, some are true 4:3, but some are 16:9 being sent as 4:3 (and I suspect there are even channels which have their own weird crops)
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

kartu wrote:Regarding per channel settings, is it complicated or just lack of interest on authors side?
Just overkill imho, and lack of interest on users side. Btw, "authors" are... myself ;)
kartu wrote:Just to explain why I'm asking about it, my cable providers uses a bunch of formats. Some are true 16:9, some are true 4:3, but some are 16:9 being sent as 4:3 (and I suspect there are even channels which have their own weird crops)
Well, P.SIZE key is here for that, you can quickly switch between available formats :)
kartu

Post by kartu »

p/size key doesn't cut the need to cycle through screen formats after switching channels, I missed what was funny about it.

Return to “[F] Software”