[App] Rooting E, F (and H?) Bluray

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

ralsam
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] Rooting E and F Bluray

Post by ralsam »

Hi again! One additional question - since I installed the NON BETA soft but I still use my BD/DVD discs I want to install the BETA soft and to have the discs working. Will there be a problem if I directly install the BETA soft or I should do something to remove the previous soft and then install the new one?
Thanks!
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

No problem. Simply set up usb. No need to re-root even :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
ralsam
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by ralsam »

OK - that's perfect - Thanks!
ralsam
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by ralsam »

Hi again! Still having troubles - just now had some time to test the hack but it is not working. Here is what happens:
Unpack the necessary folders on the FAT flash and plug it to a USB hub - start the BD player, start the app and install what's necessary - reboot.
So far so good. After the reboot I check again for the app (SamyGo) and it is still visible (working).
Then I plug an external HDD with my movies in the USB hub and start a movie - after a few minutes Cinavia message appears. I check again and can not see the app - finally I found that when I plug the HDD the app disappears... May be a problem with the USB hub.
Then I decided to put the movie on the FAT flash memory to avoid the USB hub (the same flash where the hack folders are) - the app is visible but when I start the movie Cinavia message appears again.

Some additional information :-)

Since with FAT there is no way to put a file bigger then 4 GB on the flash I decided to try with NTFS and exFAT to be able to copy bigger movies on the flash.
With both exFAT and NTFS flash the BD is able to see the app - performs successfully the installation but when I start a movie after a few minutes the Cinaiva message appears (same case as with FAT).
I do not know how can I prepare a log file to send it to you for evaluation...
Any ideas why it is not working on my device (BD-F5900)?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Rooting does NOT disable cinavia!!! Rooting (when done correctly) ENABLES (gives you a way) to run cinaviapatch (different thread). First confirm your root is finished. Check following google searches:
"what is telnet"
"how to use telnet on windows"
"what is ftp"
"how to use ftp on windows"
Good luck :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
ralsam
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by ralsam »

Thanks! Found the other thread (cinaviapatch) and did what's necessary - no Cinavia anymore...
It was more easier than I thought... And by the way works perfectly with NTFS formatted flash!

But... You should consider giving more information to all new people reading this thread - most users are not so familiar with the hacking procedures and need more precise information (step by stem instruction with all command lines) about rooting and removing Cinavia. (just suggesting!)
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

ralsam wrote: But... You should consider giving more information to all new people reading this thread - most users are not so familiar with the hacking procedures and need more precise information (step by stem instruction with all command lines) about rooting and removing Cinavia. (just suggesting!)
Sorry I do NOT know how to be more "step by step" :)
YvesT
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by YvesT »

New here, wanted to figure out how to get rid of Cinavia.
Can someone please confirm i got it right.

In order to play Bluray/DVD's in the player i need to use the Beta files for the F series(i have a BD-F5100).
Then after that i need to run the cinavia patch through telnet.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

YvesT wrote: In order to play Bluray/DVD's in the player i need to use the Beta files for the F series(i have a BD-F5100).
Then after that i need to run the cinavia patch through telnet.
Basically yes :)
paketek
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by paketek »

Hello. I had half a year no problems with Cinavia (I rooted and patched from 1 page). Today is not working any more. Cinavia is showing again. Any ideas why ? I don't have blu ray on internet never and i'm watching over hdd. My model HTJ5500. And i dont understand quote="ralsam"]and is it necessary to keep the USB plugged in the player all the time[/quote]
Yes.
ralsam wrote:
(not being able to attach external HDD)?

No. You can use AS MANY usb devices as you want :)

I never had usb plugged and Cinavia was never a problme to today ... or i'm off topic :)

Return to “BluRay Players”