Firmware downgrade for J Series

Here is information about customize your J series firmware.

puppinoo
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Firmware downgrade for J Series

Post by puppinoo »

I know you're right.
My problem is that my ISP 'provides' a closed modem/router and it doesn't let you setup custom dns GLOBALLY. It now does let you disable it's default dns IPs BUT you have to configure the alternate dns ips locally on every single client.
That's exaclty what I did. I put the domains you provided into your guide into opendns black list and then I disabled the default dns on my router and configured the opendns (208.67.222.222) into my samsung network settings.
Thats the best I can do right now with the knowledge / hardware I have.
If you have a better solution which doesn't contemplate router (shitting closed one like mine) please advice :)
Nancho

Post by Nancho »

Hello!
I have a samsung smart tv model un32j5500 with firmware t-hkmfuabc version 1450.
Can I downgrade to version 1412? Is there a zero version for my firmware? Thanks in advance and I appreciate your work.
orione

Post by orione »

Hi, I have a Samsung J5205 with software 1022 T-N14MJAKUC.
Hoe can I downgrade with a previous firmware? Thank you for any help
acul1977

Post by acul1977 »

Why do You want to downgrade? My firmware version is 1025 and I want to upgrade to 1460 version! It's OK? It's any problems with updated firmware?
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

acul1977 wrote:Why do You want to downgrade? My firmware version is 1025 and I want to upgrade to 1460 version! It's OK? It's any problems with updated firmware?
Yes many problems, that's why DOWNgrade is always better option, less problems :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
prisonbreak1988
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by prisonbreak1988 »

sectroyer if i want to downgrade from 1460 can i do that? i have Ue48JS9005QXXE. i upraded by usb
have UE40ES7005 and UE48JS9005QXXE fw 1470
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

prisonbreak1988 wrote:sectroyer if i want to downgrade from 1460 can i do that? i have Ue48JS9005QXXE. i upraded by usb
You have to block updates on router and wait :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
prisonbreak1988
SamyGO Project Donor

i have blocked updates on router. ok thanks for your answer! :D
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Good now keep on waiting and stop updating. We will NEVER support (for specific period of time) "latest fw" :)
prisonbreak1988
SamyGO Project Donor

ok

Return to “[J] Firmware”