New UA55KU6000 - Disappointed

General forum talking area for K series TVs.

MoMan

New UA55KU6000 - Disappointed

Post by MoMan »

Just got myself a brand new UA55KU6000. When researching this TV it seemed like I would be able to access a bunch of games, Ultraflix, etc. etc.

Imagine my disappointment - not even a games menu is appearing. And an extremely limited set of apps (Netflix but not much else). I live in Malaysia by the way.

It would seem from this forum that I can "unlock" this TVs potential by switching the country it's set to - however none of the codes I've found seem to work (this model has a much simplified remote control - no menu key, etc.)

Would anyone have the country switch codes for this TV? How do you even get into the service menu?
soopa

Re: New UA55KU6000 - Disappointed

Post by soopa »

theres 2 different menus you need. the first is local set which is in extended service menu which is accessed by switching the tv into standby and pressing info menu mute and power. then once into service menu press factory and 3speed.
then you can change local set and perform a hard reset. upon restart go through the setup untill you get to the smart hub terms and conditions then press fast forward 289 rewind and pick your country from this list.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
MIRONFLORINVIRGIL

Post by MIRONFLORINVIRGIL »

Can you please post the service menu defaults of the tv.You will do me a great favor.I need especialy the adb \wb menu values.
MIRONFLORINVIRGIL

Post by MIRONFLORINVIRGIL »

Make some photos when you are in the service menu.
Mats

Post by Mats »

soopa wrote:theres 2 different menus you need. the first is local set which is in extended service menu which is accessed by switching the tv into standby and pressing info menu mute and power. then once into service menu press factory and 3speed.
then you can change local set and perform a hard reset. upon restart go through the setup untill you get to the smart hub terms and conditions then press fast forward 289 rewind and pick your country from this list.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I am in the service menu, but i didn?t see factory and 3speed. Is it a button? Can you show pics, please.

Return to “[K] General”