Re-install Skype for D-series?

Here for general support for D series TVs, request and problem solve area.

nik12

Re: Re-install Skype for D-series?

Post by nik12 »

All clear! Already "the roof has gone"
bugficks
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by bugficks »

where did it go?
nik12

Post by nik12 »

Skype requests a connection to a camera, but the compound - no. All checked, all files, all right. What's not clear.
resy

Post by resy »

At the beginning of my work for reinstalling skype I have used the deezer files as well and with these files my Skype camera was not detected too.
So the D series comaptible skype folder and files esp. the moip folder is very important for the correct work of the camera.
I deleted all these files and copied all files from the uploaded package again and the camera was detected after starting the skype app!

resy
nik12

Post by nik12 »

I suspect that the camera is out of order. All the while burning blue eyes. It should not be.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

nik12 wrote:I suspect that the camera is out of order. All the while burning blue eyes. It should not be.
It works for him...
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
nik12

Post by nik12 »

Instructions: Turn on the TV indicator next to the lens blue after some time goes out. And he kept on.
yingkit2401

Post by yingkit2401 »

The problem is the server downgrade is not working on the both new and the original DNS.
resy wrote:Hi,
as I promised after serveral weeks and hard work we found a working solution to reinstall skype back on Samsung D series and it's working like before on my UE40D6500!!! Many thanks to MIHD who supported my work day and night over several weeks to get the solution!

How to install with samygo widget and ftp access to the TV:

- first you have to downgrade your firmware version to a lower version -> https://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4199
Roland
resy

Post by resy »

I can't confirm that! It was working with my UE40D6500 as described and I had 1031 on my TV!
DrEcosse

Post by DrEcosse »

I have successfully downgraded my firmware to 1016 but can't see Skype on Smart Hub. Where do I find the Skype widget (for that version) and how do I put it on Smart Hub?
BTW: I have used the Smart Hub Widget Manager, so know how to use that, if it's applicable. I've tried several Skype zip files but none have been successful so far.

Return to “[D] Support”