[App] Rooting E, F (and H?) Bluray

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

serboon
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] Rooting E, F and H Bluray

Post by serboon »

Hello everyone,today I bought a Blu-ray Player BD-H8909S and wanted to make ROOT read this topic and did not understand can I get it,the device has such a soft B-FB4HRDEUC 1011.0,thanks in advance
UE50H6270 - T-MST14DEUC 2130.0 ROOT OSCAM
UE40F6270- T-MST12DEUC_1119.0 ROOT OSCAM
UE46ES6300- T-MST10PDEUC_1042.0 ROOT OSCAM
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

serboon wrote:Hello everyone,today I bought a Blu-ray Player BD-H8909S and wanted to make ROOT read this topic and did not understand can I get it,the device has such a soft B-FB4HRDEUC 1011.0,thanks in advance
Yes it's very simple. First check the release date of your fw. After that there are two choices:
1) if It's "latest" (released within last 9 months) you should block updates on router and wait
2) if it's "old" (basically from 2015) you should try H TV rooting method and be happy :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
serboon
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by serboon »

sectroyer wrote:
serboon wrote:Hello everyone,today I bought a Blu-ray Player BD-H8909S and wanted to make ROOT read this topic and did not understand can I get it,the device has such a soft B-FB4HRDEUC 1011.0,thanks in advance
Yes it's very simple. First check the release date of your fw. After that there are two choices:
1) if It's "latest" (released within last 9 months) you should block updates on router and wait
2) if it's "old" (basically from 2015) you should try H TV rooting method and be happy :)
on the manufacturer's website, this software is dated Datei Upgrade (USB type) Download

All OS, 497.39 MB, zip, Englisch Version : 1011.0 2016.02.01
UE50H6270 - T-MST14DEUC 2130.0 ROOT OSCAM
UE40F6270- T-MST12DEUC_1119.0 ROOT OSCAM
UE46ES6300- T-MST10PDEUC_1042.0 ROOT OSCAM
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

serboon wrote: on the manufacturer's website, this software is dated Datei Upgrade (USB type) Download

All OS, 497.39 MB, zip, Englisch Version : 1011.0 2016.02.01
So you answered yourself :) You might try TVs method but I guess it will fail :) First post is very specific :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
JeppeTh
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by JeppeTh »

So finally there's a new version for my bluray.
So then you can release your new root method?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

JeppeTh wrote:So finally there's a new version for my bluray.
Your bluray DID update or not ? :)
JeppeTh
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by JeppeTh »

sectroyer wrote:
JeppeTh wrote:So finally there's a new version for my bluray.
Your bluray DID update or not ? :)
I certainly hope not, since I'm supposed to have blocked that in my router.

I haven't checked yet though.

I just saw there's a new firmware on Samsung Web .
Version : 1012.0

http://www.samsung.com/se/support/model/BD-H8900N/XE/

EDIT:
My bluray haven't updated yet. So block seems to work.

EDIT Motherfu..er:
The damn bluray updated itself - my block in router wasn't good enough - or they changed to some new server...

EDIT
Seems these aren't enough any longer...
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8274&p=83355#p83355
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Yeah also noticed it. For now I think I will advise to disconnect device from the internet... And allow only specific communication...
JeppeTh
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by JeppeTh »

sectroyer wrote:Yeah also noticed it. For now I think I will advise to disconnect device from the internet... And allow only specific communication...
Will you still stick to that root only works on non-latest firmware?
This might been the final update for h-series.
Then regardless, the rule may break at any time in case Samsung modifies their servers again.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

JeppeTh wrote:Will you still stick to that root only works on non-latest firmware?
YES :)
JeppeTh wrote:This might been the final update for h-series.
NO :)
JeppeTh wrote:Then regardless, the rule may break at any time in case Samsung modifies their servers again.
NO :)

Return to “BluRay Players”