J Rooting.

General forum talking area for J series TVs.

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: J Rooting.

Post by zoelechat »

sectroyer still working on it :)
cacanoel.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Spawn32
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Spawn32 »

LOL :D
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Focus on blocking updates, more to come soon ;)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by M11 »

There is a rumour that Samsung was planning to release a big update for high end J series TVs in december. Last year TVs were sold with the promise of evolution kits, but no evolution kits were released this year and someone at Samsung told the press (there's a video on YouTube) that they will release a big update to bring K series Smart Hub/software to evolution kit compatible J series TVs.

I hope that root won't be released before this happens so Samsung can't block it.
F9000 + SEK-3500U
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Yeah it looks J will become K, and K will become J :p
Well, it's not as if K wasn't already rooted anyway (internally/experimentally, but rooted) ;)

That said, I'm not sure that K has very different looking compared to J. If "K software" means no more "old-style" widgets, you'll just notice considerably reduced choice :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Spawn32
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Spawn32 »

Ther's an update 1480.4 dated 19.12 for the JU7005, dont know if that could be the big update ?
Want know since i want have mine befor later today, hehehe :)

/Spawn
M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: RE: Re: J Rooting.

Post by M11 »

zoelechat wrote:Yeah it looks J will become K, and K will become J Image
Well, it's not as if K wasn't already rooted anyway (internally/experimentally, but rooted) ;)

That said, I'm not sure that K has very different looking compared to J. If "K software" means no more "old-style" widgets, you'll just notice considerably reduced choice :)
I personally don't have high hopes about this, there's nothing in it for Samsung (no money).
I know about the apps, but most people don't care or use side loading. Most are hoping for Netflix HDR...
UI is quite different on J and K series. But I have seen how J series UI is back ported to H and F, it is not the same as on J series.
Spawn32 wrote:Ther's an update 1480.4 dated 19.12 for the JU7005, dont know if that could be the big update ?
Want know since i want have mine befor later today, hehehe :)

/Spawn
1480 is not this update. I personally not holding my breath. I'm still on 1440 so I can go back if I want to side load some app.
F9000 + SEK-3500U
locarno

Post by locarno »

M11 wrote:There is a rumour that Samsung was planning to release a big update for high end J series TVs in december. Last year TVs were sold with the promise of evolution kits, but no evolution kits were released this year and someone at Samsung told the press (there's a video on YouTube) that they will release a big update to bring K series Smart Hub/software to evolution kit compatible J series TVs.

I hope that root won't be released before this happens so Samsung can't block it.
Please share link for youtube video.
M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by M11 »

I didnt save the link, it was a long time ago. I will try searching...
F9000 + SEK-3500U
locarno

Post by locarno »

ashes wrote:Enable Skype will also be a good present. Root ? Even better
What version you have now ?

Today I noticed there is update for my UE40J6300. 1480.4. I installed though USB, because OTA not finding. Installed, and I do not see any changes.

So every old TV will receive update with functions from newer TV ?

J will get K software
H and F get J software ?

Return to “[J] General”