Hacking TV over Hotel mode (most C series models)

General forum for C series TVs.

dksoul
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Hack for C550 and other C models

Post by dksoul »

Have you changed TV that you are trying to hack?
Because on the first file you posted, you have channel_list_LE32C530_1001.scm and on the second you have channel_list_LE32C550_1001.scm (530 vs 550).

Assuming that the first file has a valid dump of your channel list, I have built you the contents for both sda and sda1: Try to do a Factory Reset and follow the rules from the first post:
  1. Attach USB to TV, restore channels from USB: "restore from USB"
  2. Activate Hotel Mode by pressing {INFO} {MENU} {MUTE} {POWER} while in standby
  3. Insert USB you made before, do settings restore: "restore from USB" from the "Hotel Menu"
  4. Re-insert USB
  5. You should see file run.ok on USB
dksoul

Post by dksoul »

sonictruth wrote:
dksoul wrote:Have you changed TV that you are trying to hack?
Because on the first file you posted, you have channel_list_LE32C530_1001.scm and on the second you have channel_list_LE32C550_1001.scm (530 vs 550).
I only changed my model in service menu.
IT WORKED! (the /dev/sda1 version)

THANK YOU!
Great! :D
Now that you have access to your TV, I sugest that you change the hack to as described here: http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f= ... t=10#p9528
dksoul

Post by dksoul »

thesmart1 wrote:so did anyone get this to work on LN46C530F1FXZA?
You can be the first to try it! ;)
mamaich

Post by mamaich »

Finally i've managed to format /mtd_rwarea on my C550 without sending TV to service, it restored USB functionality and I could make another (probably more simple) instruction of C550 hack via Hotel Mode.

If your USB have stopped working

Code: Select all

Make Ex-link cable and connect to TV enter commands folowing by Enter:
2 (advanced)
2 (DeviceManager Debug)
90 (DeviceManager MW Debug)
12 (DLNA, FLASH, ODD, HDD, MoIP Test)
11 (FLASH, HDD Format Test)
10 (/mtd_rwarea/ partition number)
Russian version is here: http://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=62:18167-100#3192
Download the archive: http://www.multiupload.com/9KB2GYNEUJ and follow the instructions.
These instructions would work only for Samsung TVs with Trident chipset (T-TDT5DEUC firmware).
MStar chipsets would require a different USB flash disk image!

Instructions
------------

First you need to prepare USB stick that would contain ext3 filesystem to be used in Hotel Mode
hack. To do this - edit install.cmd and replace "A:" with the disk letter of your USB flash disk.
Then run install.cmd. Do not run install.cmd from USB you are writing to - this would not work.
Copy the files to your HDD and run from there.
Warning: all data on your USB disk would be destroyed, so use a correct letter!

Windows does not understand EXT3 and would ask you to format disk if you'll reinsert it. Do not
reformat it until you are finished.
Note: you may use drivers from http://www.ext2fsd.com to read/write EXT2/EXT3 from Windows. Works fine
on my Windows 7 x64.

After USB disk is prepared - insert it to TV. Then from main menu import channels from USB.
This would give you error - it is ok, this step is needed only to create necessary directories
on TV.
Power off TV and turn it on into the service menu (press the sequence INFO, MENU, MUTE, POWER
several times while TV is booting). Then enable hotel mode, and import hotel mode settings from
USB. You should not get any errors here. TV would reboot two times, and ask you to rescan for TV
channels. When it finishes - power off and power on your TV. If everything went fine - you'll
be able to telnet and FTP to your TV. And TV would automatically execute run.sh script from
the root of your USB disk. It would also execute runonce.sh from USB root once, 30 seconds after
TV have booted.

Do not forget to turn off hotel mode and reformat your USB disk in Windows.

If you'll got error while importing settings via Hotel Mode - your USB disk is mounted on a
different dir than /dtv/usb/sda. To fix this: try a different USB media, or (for advanced users
familiar with linux) edit file /T-TDT5DEUC/Clone/Clone.dat on EXT3 filesystem with a hex editor
and replace string:
/mtw_rwarea/../dtv/usb/sda/link
with
/mtw_rwarea/../dtv/usb/sda1/link
as was described earlier in the forum.

Note
----

This tool/script comes without warranty of any kind. I'm not responsible for any damage to your TV,
PC or anything else like data loss caused by using or misusing it.
This was tested only on one TV (mine), so testers are needed. And currently there is no USB image for MStar TVs.
Last edited by juusso on Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
habee

Post by habee »

mamaich wrote:
This was tested only on one TV (mine), so testers are needed. And currently there is no USB image for MStar TVs.
Would it be safe to use it on a PN50C550 with TDT-AUSC-Firmware (Model for North-America, without Internet@TV)?

Will the included channel list be stored in the TV? So this might be a problem....

I have attached a scm-File which I got following the procedure described here: http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1112

It cannot be edited by the Channel-Editor....

Thanks

fwalter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “[C] General”