J Rooting.

General forum talking area for J series TVs.

mastero122
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: J Rooting.

Post by mastero122 »

Samygo is great especialy Oscam. It is worth to wait but from the information given we dont know whether stable root is even possible and when. And if not just tell us truth :) Already playing with H series and J, H series television UHD with dvbt-2, give us more space.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

mastero122 wrote:Would be great to know whether the issue can be solved within 2-3 months? I can now buy the J series TV for a good price.
If not I''ll keep my old H series and go for new model QLED.
I can say yes :) But remember that ANY tizen TV without blocked updates will be worthless :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
MrHunter
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by MrHunter »

sectroyer wrote:
mastero122 wrote:Would be great to know whether the issue can be solved within 2-3 months? I can now buy the J series TV for a good price.
If not I''ll keep my old H series and go for new model QLED.
I can say yes :) But remember that ANY tizen TV without blocked updates will be worthless :)
Bla bla bla ^^

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Steiner
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Steiner »

sectroyer wrote:.... ANY tizen TV without blocked updates will be worthless :)
what exactly is "will be worthless" ? it means that it can also be broken ? , or only overwritten with later firmware with root loss ?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

root loss and no way to get back :) I explained it MULTIPLE times :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Steiner wrote:what exactly is "will be worthless" ? it means that it can also be broken ? , or only overwritten with later firmware with root loss ?
Samsung took control of forum, which means now they decide when root will be released (=when a new firmware forbidding exploit is out). That's why from now on root will never work on latest fw, and that also explains constant and endless delaying of (ready for a while) J root...
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Steiner
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Steiner »

OK, Thanks, I've just to lure the term "will be worthless".
Conquerxxl

Post by Conquerxxl »

Is it enough to disconnect the internet cable from tv to Router? Because i Can't Block updates on the router.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Yes but you can't EVER reconnect it, also better think about new router...
wastez

Post by wastez »

And what if they never find their mistake?
This could take a really long time or maybe never.
Usually a exploit will be closed if it's public.

So please think about it and Release it earlier.

Return to “[J] General”