[ROOT] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: SamyGo-F "No stored files found"

Post by sectroyer »

billybob69 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:44 pm Anyone care to suggest what I am doing wrong?
Do NOT open ANY folder, you have to run the app. If you don't know how to run the app or "make it appear" in SmarHub NOBODY can't help you and rooting is probably not for you :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
billybob69

Post by billybob69 »

sectroyer wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:04 pm
billybob69 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:44 pm Anyone care to suggest what I am doing wrong?
Do NOT open ANY folder, you have to run the app. If you don't know how to run the app or "make it appear" in SmarHub NOBODY can't help you and rooting is probably not for you :)
Why post a reply like that on a forum where people are seeking support? I'm assuming that you were bullied at school? Or is it sexual frustration? Or is it the 'knowledge is power' syndrome?

Anyway I would thought that it was obvious from my post that I was not having problems with 'make it appear' (a term that I did not use BTW) as the TV was recognising that I had a USB flash drive?
Rather my problem is SamyGo-F does not auto start the rooting process, even though the TV recognises (whilst in More Apps) that there is a USB stick there with SamyGo-F programme in it.

bb69
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

billybob69 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:49 pm Why post a reply like that on a forum where people are seeking support? I'm assuming that you were bullied at school? Or is it sexual frustration? Or is it the 'knowledge is power' syndrome?
Han I am "bullied" right now by post like this one :) :D :D
billybob69 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:49 pm Anyway I would thought that it was obvious from my post that I was not having problems with 'make it appear' (a term that I did not use BTW) as the TV was recognising that I had a USB flash drive?
Rather my problem is SamyGo-F does not auto start the rooting process, even though the TV recognises (whilst in More Apps) that there is a USB stick there with SamyGo-F programme in it.
Rooting does NOT "auto start" what you see is "usb plugged" now you have to "find"/"make it appear" SamyGO-F icon :) If you can't do that there is NOTHING to share :P For now you are mistaking rooting app for usb notifications :P :D :lol:
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
mesiu84
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares

Post by mesiu84 »

Hi

I've noticed some strange things going on with my TV. It was rooted over a year ago and all was working fine but few weeks ago I noticed 2 problems:
1. When the USB is plugged in and I try to open some movie using DLNA movie plays for about 1 or 2 minutes, then TV reboots and have to start the movie once again, but again it reboots. The only way to solve this is to unplug USB Pendrive and restart TV but:
2. When USB is unplugged I can't open any app. Nothing isn't working, youtube, samsung apps ....., They start working after USB is plugged in and TV reboots.

Does anyone knows what could be wrong?
billybob69

Post by billybob69 »

sectroyer wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:08 pm
billybob69 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:49 pm Anyway I would thought that it was obvious from my post that I was not having problems with 'make it appear' (a term that I did not use BTW) as the TV was recognising that I had a USB flash drive?
Rooting does NOT "auto start" what you see is "usb plugged" now you have to "find"/"make it appear" SamyGO-F icon :) If you can't do that there is NOTHING to share :P For now you are mistaking rooting app for usb notifications :P :D :lol:
OK, so I grabbed some time to have a look at this again and started afresh. It seems that I hadn't followed the first line of the guidance and hadn't "Copy file samyext4.img to folder SamyGO_data on FAT USB" :oops: :oops: :oops: Sometimes I can't believe my own stupidity.....
Did that and had another go and the "Samy-GO" icon appeared in More Apps :D
jumani
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by jumani »

Hi,

I tried to root my UE46F5370SS. The firmware version is 2114.1.
On the Fat32 usb stick are the folders "SamyGO_data" and "SamyGO-F-SM-MST-Fix"
In the SmartHub the app "SamyGO-F-SM-MST-Fix" is displayed (without icon and the file size is indicated by 0byte). If I open this I am unfortunately only shown: Network reinforcement. Repeat the process later (ERROR_CODE_013).
OTN is off.
What can be the cause
Thank you
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Try different usb, keep changing until works. You should have icon and correct size :)
send0r
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by send0r »

I have rooted my es8090 around a year ago or a bit longer using f-mst method because of looping widget
Now i have some questions:
1. is there a way to unroot? I don't want to do it, but I can't find any info on this...
2. Is it safe to do a factory reset or will the TV stuck on boot loop or brick?
Thanks for answering
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

1. Delete /mtd_rwcommon/emps/empBrowserCommonPlugin/plugins/libSamyGOrun.so, power off, unplug USB, done.
2. No problem :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
brunogts77

Post by brunogts77 »

Hi.I have rooted tv E6800 and When i try connect to tv with telnet, port 23 doesn´t work! Can´t establish contact. Any help?
UE42F5570 T-MST12DEUC_1119] [OTN=OFF] [OSCAM=ON]
UE55JU6870 T-HKMDEUC-1480 [OSCAM=ON]

Return to “[F] Software”