K Model Service Menu

General forum talking area for K series TVs.

sga
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: K Model Service Menu

Post by sga »

I do not know how on the K-series, but on my router blocked 157.55.184.57 only this address and TV F and J series stopped asking for updates, and those addresses that used to be on the J series did not work.
55F6650 T-MST12DEUC-1118.2 oscam
46F8000 T-FXPDEUC -1115.0 oscam
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Yes it's confirmed it will stop ASKING, it will silently auto updated when ASKED by Samsung :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
Gords

Post by Gords »

Built my little led gizmo today and delved into the extended service menu to see if i could find out why my smart remote wouldn't pair...

Found an option to enable/disable Samsung Smart Control and it was set to on. Thought maybe cycling it will help so set it to off and powered off. Now the bugger wont switch back to on. Im pretty certain im in the extended manager as its the only time that smart remote option appears.

When i have the normal service menu up Factory+3speed always makes the tv go into a test card mode showing red, blue, green, black and white screens and a simple information screen all in an endless cycle. i press power on my remote and it turns of after current cycle, when i boot back in i run info+factory again and seem to be in extended service menu still. am i doing it right?

If so is it maybe not going back to on because it senses something is wrong?

Thanks for reading.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Basically:
-INFO+MENU+MUTE+POWER from tv off, then FACTORY+3SPEED
equals
-INFO+FACTORY from tv on

Both are going into extended service menu.
When you're in "color cycling" mode, just press FACTORY again to get out of it. That's also how you can exit from service menu without powering off: press FACTORY twice.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
markf

Post by markf »

zoelechat wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:09 pm Basically:
-INFO+MENU+MUTE+POWER from tv off, then FACTORY+3SPEED
equals
-INFO+FACTORY from tv on

Both are going into extended service menu.
When you're in "color cycling" mode, just press FACTORY again to get out of it. That's also how you can exit from service menu without powering off: press FACTORY twice.
I also has difficulty in this sequence for enable advanced menu, because lack the information about how proceeds after alternations of colors ( "just press FACTORY" to enter in advanced menu). This information could be included in the wiki STEP 3!
TV: Samsung UN49K6500
Gords

Post by Gords »

ahh i see, thanks!

any idea onto why the option wont turn back on tho?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

markf wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:38 pmThis information could be included in the wiki STEP 3!
Everybody's free to update wiki, I really can't be everywhere :) (account on simple request)
Gords wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:09 pm any idea onto why the option wont turn back on tho?
Sorry no, try factory reset maybe.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Gords

Post by Gords »

No luck with the factory reset. Are there any screen dumps of default settings for service menu anywhere apart from this thread? im wondering if something else turns off/on with it.
masterturk

Post by masterturk »

i enabled advanced service menu (not sure how, i tapped 0 few times i guess that did it? thats weird seeing as i tried that before and nothing happened).

i guess there is no option there for CE Dimming either? i coudnt find any obvious options. This did allow me to up the color abit for when in PC Mode so atleast for gaming i am 100% happy now with the TV :)
masterturk

Post by masterturk »

if anyones interested i now know how i got into the advanced settings lol once you are in the service menu:

-go to 'SVC', then 'Other setting', then 'CAL Data restore'
-after this, click return until you are at the first menu and you should now see a 'Advanced' option at the bottom.. hover over it and click '0' four times. this should pop up more options

even existing options gain more settings. i found the local dimming setting! but turning it off resulted in a dim panel :( so had to turn it back on

Return to “[K] General”