Bricked LN55B650T1FUZA. Could use help here...

General Forum for talking area for B series TVs.

Nibiru82

Bricked LN55B650T1FUZA. Could use help here...

Post by Nibiru82 »

A while back coming across sammygo I accessed the service menu and being newbie was quite over zealous and got myself into trouble. What I believe I have done is changed the panel type from LN55B650 to say, LN55C450. (I dnt remember exactly which) Making incompatible my software to LCD panel hardware. Resulting in a black screen. But audio is still there. And function is there just no video. I have original firmware ready to load but dnt know how to force load or if even possible. I know I prob deserve the trouble I'm in for being so careless. But if anyone might have procedures for accomplishing this task or kno eeprom location for reset, I would be very greatful. Really any info would be helpful as this seems to be a very odd model type and very little info on the web about specs are available that i have found. I can upload pix or any other info needed.

Thanks I'm advance
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Bricked LN55B650T1FUZA. Could use help here...

Post by juusso »

Hi. If you have exlink cable and rs232 is set to debug, you could easily change panel type back.

Optional eeprom reset could be performed. Also you could dump SoC eeprom, change required value and flash it back using programmer. Even arduino can be useful here.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
Nibiru82

Post by Nibiru82 »

Hi juusso
Thanks for your speedy reply. I am in the process of building cable hopefully this weekend. In hopes that it would At least be of some helps. But honestly I'm almost positive rs232 had not been changed prior. I'm not real sure where that leaves me...would it almost be worth it to just try and purchase a new main board if i can't access by ex-link?
Nibiru82

Post by Nibiru82 »

Sorry I guess I couldn't see your whole msg. About those alternative processes...is there any procedure instructions here on wiki or should I research them on google?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

Nibiru82

Post by Nibiru82 »

Would there be a place where I might have better luck finding EEPROM Location of my model I've scoured over the models here for quite a while but none of them are similar...i apologize if I seem redundant.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

take hi-res photos of your mainboard (and 8-pin chips, labels must be readable), show us here. Pay your attention to ones with "ATML"

Nibiru82

Post by Nibiru82 »

Hello Juusso sorry for the long delay as i had some other responsibilties that took precedence. Here are some pix I took of my main board. The only camera I was able to use was on my cell phone. I did take care to get the best resolution of the 8pin eeprom chips I could locate on the board. Pls let me kno if they are useful and/or if you need any more or better quality. I have here both too and bottom side of the main board. Thank you in advance for all of your time and effort.
Nibiru82

Post by Nibiru82 »

Here are the pix of the LN55B650T1FUZA main board.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nibiru82

Post by Nibiru82 »

I'm curious Juusso, I can only find 3 8-pin EEPROM chips with the correct "ATM" begining letters. But in the first picture in the bottom right hand corner of the bottom side of the board. The harness solder eyelets. The pin identifications list out the SDA, and Ground or VCC that I would need in order to reset the EEPROM as described. So my question is, do you know if that location would be a possible access point to jump or would I be including other circuits and bring harm to the board?

Return to “[B] General”