Noob questions about SamyGo

General Forum for talking area for B series TVs.

samson

Noob questions about SamyGo

Post by samson »

Hi all, I hope to learn from everybody here before messing with my TVs. I have 2 samsung plasmas a PN58B650 and a PN58B850 and I was wondering how I could tell if my TV is a Cl or Cl+ or non-Cl,Cl+? also my samsungs don't play .mpg video very well they either speed the video up or do other strange things, it also does'nt play some .mkv's at all ,can samyGO apps or other hacks fix this? My ultimate plan is to share an linux based nfs server with the tv, thats why I'm looking into the samygo apps and hacks.
any and all responses related to my questions would be much appreciated.
samson

Re: Noob questions about SamyGo

Post by samson »

judging by firmware and model number; on the PN58B650S1FXZC (no P in the full model number) with firmware T-CHEAUSC-1017.2 it is a Cl device and I CAN use FFB to revert to an older firmware; On the PN58B850Y1FXZA with firmware T-CHEAUSC-1018.1 it is a Cl device and I CANNOT use FFB to revert to older firmware.

can anybody tell me if this is accurate so far?
Last edited by samson on Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

You can use FFB on both TVs
T-CHEAUSC firmware exists on both TVs. Also the answer to first post: firmware indicates it is CI model.
I don`t know if here is a way to resolve your video sync problem, might DCA module with updated codecs might help here, but i can`t be 100% sure...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
samson

Post by samson »

Thanks for the response juuso, I just managed to downgrade my PN58B650 to T-CHEAUSC-1006.1 firmware using the fully automatic method of this tutorial http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Forced ... r_firmware So now I can upgrade to a patched or stock firmware that is compatible with samyGo apps; is this correct? BTW what are the benefits of patched firmware?

Regarding the PN58B850, the reason I assumed I could not use FFB is because the firmware listed under it's compatibilty list for PNxxB8XXX, is T-CHE7AUSC on this page
http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2038 please correct me if I am wrong.

P.s. it would'nt let me put the xttp:// in front of the urls, because of some strange error that I am a new user and that it looked too spammy using offsite urls even though the urls are onsite, please somebody fix that. I was referencing this sites pages.

it won't let me put in http
Last edited by samson on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Yes, B850 isn`t listed here, but think twice: firmware is same for both models. So, here isn`t any reason to don`t support it.
Firmware is important, not model...
To be sure, you could make dumps with SG Dump maker lite and give me for inspection.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

samson

Post by samson »

wait a minute, your the author of that program, and here I am arguing with you about what it's compatible with, I did'nt realize who I was talking to. sorry

what model tv do you have juuso? do you have problems with .mpg files?

the reason I ask if samyGo apps and hacks can fix my video playback issues is because on this page vww.samygo.tv/ I see on the fifth line down on the tv screen in the video of the samsung booting this is written "checking MPEG TS playback fix.. OK".

IS THIS THE ANSWER TO THE .MPG PLAYBACK ISSUE?
Last edited by samson on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

This is ts fix for D series only. Sorry.

samson

Post by samson »

oh, that sucks, so there is no fix for the B850/650 regarding video file playback?
samson

Post by samson »

I was not able to enable telnet access on the PN58B850Y1FXZA with firmware T-CHEAUSC-1018.1, I could not copy over the samyGO trojan horse with either the
telnet-enabler.tar.gz file in the fully automatic way, nor could I copy over the telnet enabler "SamyGo telnet enabler Trojan" in the partially automatic way (both of these links are here ttp://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Forced_revert_back_to_older_firmware). In either case I would get "an unknown error has occured" when I tried to copy over the trojan. (*please put an h at the beggining of the link, the board will not allow me to post a full web link*)

I guess samsung had not figured out the loophole in firmware 1017.2 which was on the PN58B650, but they patched it right up on firmware 1018.2 which is on the PN58B850.

So since I cannot enable telnet access, does that mean my only choice now is to use FFB?

I'm also guessing that I can not use the telnet enabler on this page ttp://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/How_to_enable_Telnet_on_samsung_TV%27s until I have firmware that supports SamyGO apps? (*please put an h at the beggining of the link, the board will not allow me to post a full web link)
samson

Post by samson »

Hi again juuso, I hope you had a good weekend. I want to attempt to use FFB to load unrestricted firmware on the
PN58B850, but I have three questions to ask of you first.

1. what version FFB should I use, v0.5.9 or v0.6.2 ?

2. what unrestricted original firmware is best for PN58B850?

3.where can I find the image files for PNxxB8XX that are supposed to be here ttp://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2038?
(Don't forget to put the h on the link above)

Return to “[B] General”