Reset button?

General Forum for talking area for B series TVs.

yoco

Reset button?

Post by yoco »

Hy! I didn't do anything special to my TV for a really long time now. Simply because I'm not a pro as some of you guys here ;)
Anyway I want to ask you something. I'm wondering is there is any kind of reset button on my TV that would revert it back on default settings? I ask this because my I'm experiencing some problems. I have LE40B652 and I watch video files (avi, mkv) on it. I copy files first on my USB stick, plug it in and watch it. Works fine, but lately I noticed when I play AVI files video is behind audio. Simply put it's not synchronize with each other. Like I said it's happening a lot lately. I don't know what's the cause of this. Even if I try and copy the same files on my other USB stick and rename them the outcome is the same, but when I play them on PC it's working fine. That's why I would like to erase everything and try again. Is it possible?
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: Reset button?

Post by erdem_ua »

There is reset button but that doesn't make such a thing.
You have better to do Factory Reset. But I guess this doesn't help you about solving the issue.

TV doesn't decode video on SW but HW. And that HW cannot decode every movie properly due codec complexity.
Even h264 codec has too many profiles and encode levels. TV chip just support some of them.
This might due slow USB flash disk also. I just play movies from NFS/Samba server, directly from my computers hdd using network cable. Just try that way.
yoco

Post by yoco »

My TV is too far away from my PC. Can't use any cable. So it's the codec issue?
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

It might due VBR sound codec also. They are out of sync sometimes.
You can re-encode sound part with CBR codec.

Return to “[B] General”