I bought a German tv and I'm living in the Netherlands. The CI+ module was nog being accepted due to the wrong region settings. So, I had to change the region but how? You will have to enter the extended service menu.
Well, with a lot of reading I figured it out. That's why I will describe my solution.
NOTE: You will risk a bricked TV when making a mistake. You will lose your Samsung guarantee.
TV: Samsung UE43MU6179
Method: IR blaster via Windows laptop.
I bought a Samsung IR transmitter (€20) to communicate with the tv.
Then applied the following steps:
1. Download this file: http://download.samygo.tv/Others/wav_to ... sungTV.zip.
2. Extract the files into a folder.
3. Make a playlist with only the 'FACTORY+3SPEED.inv.wav' file.
4. Set the sound volume to 100%.
5. Plug in the IR blaster and place it nearby the right bottom corner of the TV.
6. Switch of the TV into standby mode.
7. Enter the 'service menu' of the tv by pressing INFO - MENU - MUTE - POWER in a fast and sequential order. The TV will switch on and will show the service menu. If not, repeat steps 6 and 7.
8. Now unlock the 'extended service menu' by playing the .wav file.
9. The TV will go into a Multi colour screen cyclus. Don't worry, this is a good sign.
10. Turn of the tv into standy mode. It takes a couple of seconds to switch off.
11. Enter the extended service menu by by pressing INFO - MENU - MUTE - POWER in a fast and sequential order. The TV will switch on and will show the service menu. If not, repeat steps 10 and 11.
12. Now the Local Set option is unlocked. Choose the right region and then choose the right local set. For me it was EU_BENELUX.
13. Go a step back into the service menu and do a factory reset.
14. The TV will switch off, job done.
Good luck and read multiple times before taking action.
p.s. If this instruction works, please upload it to the wiki.
I have only one problem on my MU6120.
When the colors are flashing and I turn of the TV and then try the info - menu - mute - power again it doesn't work,
how to resolve this?
I tried a few remotes and most of the times it doesn't even go in the service menu the first time only after a few tries,
also in the service menu it says MODE Failure what does that mean?
When I get the switching colours I turn off the tv in stanby and then power it on again with info - menu - mute - power,
all I get is the switching colours again but when I then use the 'FACTORY+3SPEED.inv.wav' again I Do get the service menu but there is no Local Set!
Also in the service menu at the top it says MODE: FAILURE all the time does that matter?
I just bought this TV brand new and can't change the Local Set so I can use the CI+ module from Ziggo.
If anyone has a different suggestion our technic please tell me thanks!