Samsung M series local set change

General forum talking area for M/Q series TVs.

Mixpower

Re: Samsung M series local set change

Post by Mixpower »

I have returned the TV and now have bought the exact same as sibren the UE43MU6179. :D
And I can confirm it works great on this model, so the UE40MU6120 does not work with this method!
sHAsHiLx

Post by sHAsHiLx »

Followed your guide and it works fine. I've used 3.5 jack with IR diodes and laptop (plug in jack into iPhone doesn't work).
aston

Post by aston »

On my UE65MU8000 I tried the same, but the LOCAL SET is not displaying.... Has anyobody got a clue what other key combinations might toggle this to become visible?
calida82

Post by calida82 »

I confirm that this procedure works on tv ue50mu6102K.
I used a homemade cable with 2 ir leds from an old surveillance camera to send the ir codes and played the wav files with a laptop.
if you have a smart remote control , remember that once the TV has been reset, the remote control must be pared. I say this because after the reset the remote control turns on and off the TV (so it seems that the paring has not been reset) but all the other keys do not work and the remote control LED flashes.
you must make a paring as indicated in the remote control battery compartment and everything will work.
flyoffacliff

Post by flyoffacliff »

Has anyone gotten into the service menu since the last update?

Return to “[M/Q] General”