[MU 6xxx EU series Guide summary] Enable PVR - Remove local region app from Smart Hub and some tips

General forum talking area for M/Q series TVs.

Kazar

Re: [MU 6xxx EU series Guide summary] Enable PVR - Remove local region app from Smart Hub and some tips

Post by Kazar »

ditheo wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:20 am Also our tv has wakeup option via wake on lan feature! I can turn on my tv via internet!
wakeonlan is supported and is possible also without cable but with a wifi connection.
not tested ipv6...but i belive the device is dual stack since ipv6 was launched about 12 years ago
TocaiRed

Re: [MU 6xxx EU series Guide summary] Enable PVR - Remove local region app from Smart Hub and some tips

Post by TocaiRed »

Hello everyone,

I discover this great forum and I wanted to enable PVR also on my EU40MU6100 TV (firmware 1262.0). The problem is that I don't know how to access the service menu.

I've a SKY remote controller that I normally use with the TV and I tried it also for entering the service menu (without success). I tried MUTE, 1,1,9, ENTER but it is not working, other sequence I'm not sure how to input them from the SKY remote.

Can you please tell me which is the right sequence and if there are other ways to enter? I'll try to get a smartphone with IR if necessary.

Thanks
Tocai
TocaiRed

Post by TocaiRed »

Hi,

I find out that the only way to access the service menu was using the src app (see link below) installed on a LG g3. I now have pvr enabled, thanks to you!

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=10405#p88075
Kazar

Post by Kazar »

TocaiRed wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:53 am Hi,

I find out that the only way to access the service menu was using the src app (see link below) installed on a LG g3. I now have pvr enabled, thanks to you!

have you read the first post?
src app is also there ;)
TocaiRed

Post by TocaiRed »

Kazar wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:33 am

src app is also there ;)
Hi, the link in the homepage is not working.

Anyway I'm again back to you since I found one issue and I'm not sure if it is related to the change I made for pvr.

I realize only now that the image is somehow cutted on the borders. I've tried all possible settings from the standard menu but there is no way to have it right.

Could it be that changin from paneuro to panordig introduce this problem? Right now I don't have the g3 to change back the settings, I'll let you know if this is the cause...
Kazar

Post by Kazar »

TocaiRed wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:34 am
Kazar wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:33 am

https://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f ... 405#p88075
src app is also there ;)
Hi, the link in the homepage is not working.

Anyway I'm again back to you since I found one issue and I'm not sure if it is related to the change I made for pvr.

I realize only now that the image is somehow cutted on the borders. I've tried all possible settings from the standard menu but there is no way to have it right.

Could it be that changin from paneuro to panordig introduce this problem? Right now I don't have the g3 to change back the settings, I'll let you know if this is the cause...
images edges are cutted? i belive you are talking about default image setting. go to settings/image and change aspect ratio settings(one of them solve your problem)
gour99

Post by gour99 »

Hi all

I can see on "Service Menu" under MRT Option, one option where can I can read "IOT Hub Support", can it be a solution for Turn On Wake On Lan?

Regards!!
HAMMER77777

Post by HAMMER77777 »

Hello, friend, 2018 Samsung 6 series 75". USA. Used "service remote" to enter advanced menu. 3 region choices, US, Mexico, or Canada. Chose Mexico (as PVR is Known to be unavailable in other 2). In MRT menu, only choices were USA or Korea so put Korea. Turned TV on then off, but still no way to access PVR. No mention of it on any screen or menu, still. Did I do something wrong?
Kazar

Post by Kazar »

gour99 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:38 pm Hi all

I can see on "Service Menu" under MRT Option, one option where can I can read "IOT Hub Support", can it be a solution for Turn On Wake On Lan?

Regards!!
not tested but should enable something like smart thing app by samsung (on certain devices) to control other devices
wake on lan works..what do you mean?
Kazar

Post by Kazar »

HAMMER77777 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:01 am Hello, friend, 2018 Samsung 6 series 75". USA. Used "service remote" to enter advanced menu. 3 region choices, US, Mexico, or Canada. Chose Mexico (as PVR is Known to be unavailable in other 2). In MRT menu, only choices were USA or Korea so put Korea. Turned TV on then off, but still no way to access PVR. No mention of it on any screen or menu, still. Did I do something wrong?
no idea in extra EU devices..there are several models with different local settings. open a post a specify your model

Return to “[M/Q] General”