[MU 6xxx EU series Guide summary] Enable PVR - Remove local region app from Smart Hub and some tips

General forum talking area for M/Q series TVs.

Kazar

[MU 6xxx EU series Guide summary] Enable PVR - Remove local region app from Smart Hub and some tips

Post by Kazar »

thanks to this website!
This is a short summary for mu series . it should works with all device because base firmware is the same
Tested on my MU6120 for Italian market. No root is avaiable!

PVR and TimeShift:
it was really simple. i read samsung website where wrote PVR not available in country: IT,DE,AT,CH,SE,DK,NO,FI,IS(but only in bla bla) so:
-Enter in service menu (using remote or samygo app for irda phones)
-Go to MRT options:
+extended pvr On
+region from paneuro to pannordig.
-Restart tv and remake TV tuning
Note Require a pendrive or hd connected to usb. Video recorded is watchable only on tv

All Apps:
-Turn on Tv and go to settings
-Reset smart hub from settings/support/auto diagnosis/restore smart hub and insert pin (default should be 1234 or 0000)
-Open smart hub. it will ask to setup it(multiple terms to check),after the first popup telling that is necessary to accept terms with only ok button Don't do anything just press mute,volume+,ch+,mute and select all apps and then configure it
Now you can see IPTV players (ex ottplayer) and other app

BT on devices without it:
First check if bt is present (some devices have it but disabled):
-Go to service menu, mrt option and enable bt, and support for bt (voice recognition, smart control)
-restart tv and try to find a bt speaker from audio settings or a bt keyboard from inputs
if your device hasn't a bt module you should buy a new wifi+bt chip with cable (because the cable has more pins then only wifi chips). cost about 20€ and is very simple to open tv back with a screwdriver
some wifi+bt may have a different wifi chip from the stock one so change also wifi brand from service menu in Option/MRT Option/Wifi Vendor(check also that Network support is setted Wifi_int; if it still not running make also a reset to reload drivers)

Enter in Developer Mode:
Only for upload wgt,tpk files(not tested) or personal project(tested with free public level).
You have to install tizen studio,requires java jdk, with support for TV (in package manager extension sdk: TV extensions, in my case 5.0, you need at least web app.development and samsung certificate extensionset. Set also Java path https://developer.tizen.org/community/t ... tting-jdk to make working Device Manager (you can look for tv with autoscan or setting tv ip, visible in settings/general/network/network status IP settings)
To enable Tizen studio-TV connection:
-Go to Apps
-Press 12345 from remote(or samsung app or irda phones remote app)
-Select On and insert PC IP (you can discover it with ipconfig dos command or in pc network settings)
-Restart TV and connect with tizen studio from Device Manager

Enter in Service Menu:
-with default remote or irda device (no voice remote)
Turnoff tv. ,Wait few seconds max 15sec and press in sequence info,settings(in some tv remote menu button),mute and power
-with irda device follow first point
-samygo app or custom remote can access also with tv turned on in service menu advanced. In samygo app press S1 and then S2 ([download/file.php?id=8951)
Note factory reset doesn't change all parameters in service menu

Enter in Advanced Service Menu:
-use samygo app for irda phones or custom remote(not default)
-enter in service menu,then go to SVC/other setting/cal data restore (don't leave any usb device plugged in), after you'll get usb error return back to main menu and you will be in advanced menu

Hidden settings in Advanced Service Menu
Move cursor to Advanced tile and digit 0000 now will appear WBMovie, Picture_2D and EPA settings
-WBMovie can edit default values just select Mode (picture mode) and change values if you need it
-Picture_2D: (more advanced settings) In Subsettings can change dimming settings regulating PWM values
ex.Mu6120 PWM Max 100, PWM_INI_2D 15, PWM_MOVIE_INI 30, PWM Mid 8, PWM Min 0 to disable dimming set all to 100

Enable Wifi awakening
Go to service menu/option/production option show power on with mobile ON
Restart tv and go to settings/general/network and enable power on with mobile device
Download Samsung Smarthing from app store/playmarket,register your product and now you can turn on/off tv with this app
I don't know why this tweak doesn't work with Google Assistant or IFTTT (you can only turn off tv)

Adding two more picture profiles
Go to service menu/SVC/other setting/expert N/D ADJ ON (aka night and day adjustment or calibration)
Restart tv and now you can see CAL_Night and CAL_Day in picture mode

Disable TV Plus
Go to service menu/option/mrt option tv plus support off

Enable full turn off (disable stanby)
Go to service menu/option/MRT Option and turn off Instant On and always Instant on support
Note this will block wakeup events

Custom Channel List
If you want to use a regional list go to service menu/option and change Local Set than remake tv tuning
If you want to edit existing list you can do it in two ways:
1)turn on tv, open smart hub, select tv,select channel list and modify
2)using a pc. Open smart hub, go to settings trasmission,advanced settings,channels trasfert,insert pin and export to USB pendrive/hd.
Now connect usb device to pc and go to https://github.com/PredatH0r/ChanSort/r ... 2017-11-30. Download and run ChanSort. Upload your list,edit and save. Copy new file to usb and use impost list function.
In this way you can change channel names and position

Disable HbbTV and Parental control
-Go to Smart hub settings/trasmission/advanced settings/HbbTv settings and disable
-Go to Smart hub settings/trasmission insert pin select enable all, disable lock channel

Reinstalling an app
Go to apps/mode cursor to an installed app/ok button long press

Uninstall apps
Preinstalled app are not uninstallable but if you change smart hub region you can reduce the number of apps
For the other apps go to apps/settings (right corner)/select downloaded app and delete

Tv calibration
Isn't possible without tools. Anyway you can do a basic color calibration with dvd https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-disp ... ation.html or comparing with calibration settings online (remember each display is different and never change 20point settings without tool, you can try 2points white balance but i suggest to avoid without knowledge)
In general many samsung displays have a better color rendering using Movie mode,Warm2 and disabling digital cleaning, automotion and auto contrast. The other settings must be tested with samples!

Useless/Not Working/Not tested functions
-FrameTV function not working (service menu/option/production option/ Frame TV ON and factory reset . This function will add Art mode icon and boot splash image but the tv will go to sleep mode and it isn't possible to add pictures with Smart View App(probably it is an app bug). Anyway black screen only
-EWBS Support (emergency warning broadcast system) it should be work but without an emergency warning i can't test it. service menu/option/mrt option/ewbs suppot on
-PiP (picture in picture) should not work option/production option/Multi-Screen II (MRT system info reports PIP Source unsupported)
-option/mrt option/ OTN Support (OS updates over the network), OTA support (OS Updates over the air) seems to work not correctly (still upgrade firmware)
-Samsung 3D not working(hardware needed). Option/Production Option/ Samsung 3D
-Enable integrated camera (hardware needed) not working Option/production option/Tv camera (included)
-Haptic Support (hardware needed) not working Option/production option/haptic support
-Hdmi detection time delay can be changed but i suggest only if you have problems default is 600ms (lower values can fail hdmi detection)
-Option/MRT Option/Local dimming (value 0-1-2) this function should change global dimming (0) to 1D Dimming or 2D local dimming. Seems to work but not good, in my case bad effects with value 1 but i can't see benefits with value 2 (anyway not tested so long)
-Power animation support should disable animation on boot after a reset. not tested Option/Production Option/Power animation support
-BD Wise Plus Option/MRT Option/BD Wise Plus . This function adjust contrast and colour balance for DVD or Bluray disc and works only with players that support bd wise. Not tested
-Disable led in stanby option/engineer option/stantby led on/off not working

other will be updated in the next days!
Last edited by Kazar on Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:07 am, edited 17 times in total.
ditheo

Re: [MU 6xxx EU series Guide summary] Enable PVR - Remove local region app from Smart Hub and some tips

Post by ditheo »

I followed your guide for apps, after i select all apps and after i tick to the agreement, i can only see the manual and the internet browser . I cannot have the settings menu or apps to install. I have reboot television several times but with no luck. My version is 1250 and my region is paneuro. How can i fix that? In my country we have many applications that i don't use as steam, ert tv, newsit and many more , and my storage is very low
Kazar

Re: [MU 6xxx EU series Guide summary] Enable PVR - Remove local region app from Smart Hub and some tips

Post by Kazar »

ditheo wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:12 am I followed your guide for apps, after i select all apps and after i tick to the agreement, i can only see the manual and the internet browser . I cannot have the settings menu or apps to install. I have reboot television several times but with no luck. My version is 1250 and my region is paneuro. How can i fix that? In my country we have many applications that i don't use as steam, ert tv, newsit and many more , and my storage is very low
reset again smart hub and reapply tweak. it's a firmware bug or a server download problem.
i had the same problem 2 times but anyway you can always reset smart hub and apply local market or all app. remember sometimes,after this tweak, the apps are downloaded slowly, so you have to wait few minutes to see other things beyond internet and manual
note. any market has preloaded app that are not eliminable but some region has less preloaded/downloadable apps
puntoflo

Post by puntoflo »

Hello,
I would like activate a fonction PVR with modèle UE55MU6125kxzt

Kazar , you think it"s ok for this modèle with your solution ?

PVR:
it was really simple. i read samsung website where wrote PVR not available in country: IT,DE,AT,CH,SE,DK,NO,FI,IS(but only in bla bla) so:
-Enter in service menu (using remote or samygo app for irda phones)
-Go to MRT options:
+extended pvr On
+region from paneuro to pannordig.
-Restart tv and remake TV tuning

thank's for all and have a nice day
ditheo

Post by ditheo »

Kazar wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:41 am
ditheo wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:12 am I followed your guide for apps, after i select all apps and after i tick to the agreement, i can only see the manual and the internet browser . I cannot have the settings menu or apps to install. I have reboot television several times but with no luck. My version is 1250 and my region is paneuro. How can i fix that? In my country we have many applications that i don't use as steam, ert tv, newsit and many more , and my storage is very low
reset again smart hub and reapply tweak. it's a firmware bug or a server download problem.
i had the same problem 2 times but anyway you can always reset smart hub and apply local market or all app. remember sometimes,after this tweak, the apps are downloaded slowly, so you have to wait few minutes to see other things beyond internet and manual
note. any market has preloaded app that are not eliminable but some region has less preloaded/downloadable apps
Did that but without success. So i decided to go to cyprus market that has less applications. So i am more happoy with my tv now! Thanks!
nightyman

Post by nightyman »

Hello,
Is there a trick to activate the PiP in UE40MU7000UXTK ?
I searched for this option in Service Menu but i didn't find it.
The option is listed in the e-manual. But it say that it depends on the geographical area. So i have a doubt that this feature is only available in some regions.
Thanks in advance for any help
Kazar

Post by Kazar »

sorry for no long reply but i was working.
-puntoflo yes
-ditheo samsung changed option by server so now all apps isn't working anymore. i don't know if they will reactive it
-nightyman PiP is present in service menu 61xx/64xx series i don't know which kind of firmware uses mu 7000. i didn't test it

note new things may be changed in firm 1262 (jan 2019) ,still not loaded, but i know samy changed dimming setting
nightyman

Post by nightyman »

@Kazar
Hello. Thank you so much for your answer.
In the service menu i didn't find anything related to PiP.
There is an option nammed : Multiscreen II, but even if i activate it = no PiP.
But when I enter in MRT System Info (in the secret menu), I have this line : PIP_Source_Supported : False
I noticed that MU 7000 is the same as MU 6120, so i don't know if i change the model i will get this feature (i have no idea about the hardware but the menu and shape of the TV is the same) ?
Sorry if i was too long. Thank you so much

Edit :
Interesting !
In the secret/service menu -> option ... i have those informations :
Type : 40A6AU2VK
SW Model : UMU6100
BOM Model : 7000
Tuner : S_T2CS2_AV
I'm interested by SW Model ... If change it I think I can activate the PiP feature ! Which SW model do you have ?
Looking forward for your answer
Kazar

Post by Kazar »

nightyman wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:49 am @Kazar
But when I enter in MRT System Info (in the secret menu), I have this line : PIP_Source_Supported : False
I noticed that MU 7000 is the same as MU 6120, so i don't know if i change the model i will get this feature (i have no idea about the hardware but the menu and shape of the TV is the same) ?

Edit :
Interesting !
I'm interested by SW Model ... If change it I think I can activate the PiP feature ! Which SW model do you have ?
PiP function seems to not work for not installed library. anyway i found one more trick about how to awakening my tv by wifi
nightyman

Post by nightyman »

Kazar wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:58 am
nightyman wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:49 am @Kazar

Edit :
Interesting !
PiP function seems to not work for not installed library. anyway i found one more trick about how to awakening my tv by wifi
Oh i see.
Tnahk you for your answers and your updated tips

Return to “[M/Q] General”