Root and Oscam in QE55Q8FAMTXXC

General forum talking area for M/Q series TVs.

juaninnaio
SamyGO Project Donor

Root and Oscam in QE55Q8FAMTXXC

Post by juaninnaio »

Hi everyone,

I am new in the forum and writing from Spain. I have this TV Model since a few years ago and i am interested in install Oscam in order to watch SAT channels directly from TV, currently I am using an old freesat deco to watch it. TV FW version is 1300.

Is that possible? I can give a donation if needed.

Thanks in advance
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Root and Oscam in QE55Q8FAMTXXC

Post by sectroyer »

juaninnaio wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:56 pm Is that possible? I can give a donation if needed.
Yes and no :) It's not rootable by current (public) method but I am working on new one which should work on it but as soon as I release it your tv will get auto-updated and you will loose root/oscam. That's why it's important to FIRST block updates on router before thinking about it :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
juaninnaio
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by juaninnaio »

Hi sectroyer,

Thanks for the reply!

I will block the updates in router right now following the guide. Do you have an estimate date of release of new method? Or may I can access it right now by donation? :)

Thanks in advance
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

juaninnaio wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:51 pm I will block the updates in router right now following the guide. Do you have an estimate date of release of new method? Or may I can access it right now by donation? :)
There are some methods in donation area but we have no reports from people with 1300, so you will have to test for yourself if works :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
juaninnaio
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by juaninnaio »

I could try it if there is no additional risk of brik, I will take a look how I can do the donation.

It seems I achieve to block updates :)
IMG_20220114_075741.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

juaninnaio wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:12 pm It seems I achieve to block updates :)
Great :) Welcome amongst users who CAN install root :D
juaninnaio
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by juaninnaio »

Thanks!!

Knowing that you are working on a method to root this model I am wondering the next question: Is there an installable Oscam for this model?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

juaninnaio wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:30 am Knowing that you are working on a method to root this model I am wondering the next question: Is there an installable Oscam for this model?
There is M version of oscam, it's not model specific :) Besides stuff like that is only series specific :)
juaninnaio
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by juaninnaio »

Yeah I understand, but my serie is Q, not M. Am I right?

It will work Oscam for M series in my model if I can root it?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

juaninnaio wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:22 pm Yeah I understand, but my serie is Q, not M. Am I right?

It will work Oscam for M series in my model if I can root it?
No. Check firmware filename on Samsung site :)

Return to “[M/Q] General”