How to Adjust Picture Settings in Svc Menu [UN50MU6300FXZA] (Broken Ntwking->Bricked Tizen)

General forum talking area for M/Q series TVs.

mrdenbts

Re: How to Adjust Picture Settings in Svc Menu [UN50MU6300FXZA] (Broken Ntwking->Bricked Tizen)

Post by mrdenbts »

I am so blind :( lmao the TV is fucking screwed-in back
edit: and right when i check my pic of the TYPE and confirm the one on the label on inside is the same one as I already have set, the parts site gets back to me in 3m saying not eligible for return D’: this is absolutely all Samsungs fault, all of it, every last bit reeeee
mrdenbts

Re: How to Adjust Picture Settings in Svc Menu [UN50MU6300FXZA] (Broken Ntwking->Bricked Tizen)

Post by mrdenbts »

oh well, got some pics of wifi module and corresponding layout at least.

Maybe I will post later about if it’s not too hard to replace.

Do you think changing TYPE and putting back to original has a good chance of lifting the restraints on my ability to access any menus? I’m guessing no —that’s it’s just to set to default svc menu settings—but thought i’d still ask :)
notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by notengo13 »

mrdenbts wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:49 am oh well, got some pics of wifi module and corresponding layout at least.

Maybe I will post later about if it’s not too hard to replace.

Do you think changing TYPE and putting back to original has a good chance of lifting the restraints on my ability to access any menus? I’m guessing no —that’s it’s just to set to default svc menu settings—but thought i’d still ask :)
From what I could read on K thread it will reset service menu to it's default. But I never tried.
But don't know if you need to factory reset tv with new TYPE and than change it back.
Remember always make pictures or video from service menu.
UE48H6640 T-MST14DEUC 2781.0 root latestH --> 2130.0 skypeRoot-->0000-->2115.3 "Skype refueled" Root
QE55QN93A - - >firmware T-NKM2DEUC-1805.4 (backup 1590.0) - - >update CURL60 Error --> CURL28 Error
mrdenbts

Post by mrdenbts »

Yeah after doing EDID/HDMI EDID it’s ok. Recognizes the correct FPS and also HDR capability. Brightness/contrast/etc settings aren’t perfect, but not really a bother.
I used svc menu picture setting values from the M6120 svc manual, so those should be correct, or mostly so.
It would be nice to have access to TV menus, but not important. Buttons, that were working before I was prompted aftercfactory reset to connect to internet to accept EULA, stopped working after I skipped accepting T&Cs. At least I’m pretty sure I remember that correctly.
That means it’s at its core an issue caused by no connectivity. I just use HDMI, but if it’s easy to replace the wifi module (pic attached), and the modu is cheap, maybe i’ll give it a go.
cstann

Post by cstann »

Hi,

I have the same exact problem with my Samsung TV bricking itself.

I can turn the TV on and play audio/video through hdmi 2.

Half of the times when I turn the tv on, the scaling is messed up and is super zoomed in. If I try to change any video settings in Apple TV - like changing the bit depth, the TV will go from normal scale to super zoomed in. The only way to reset it is to restart the tv.

No buttons on my remote will cause any actions on the tv. Connecting a usb keyboard to the TV does not allow for controlling the tv via keyboard.

Input passed through my avr to the hdmi 2 input is not recognized and the screen stays black.

I manually connected my Pc to hdmi 2 to check what resolutions were showing as available and only basic 8 bit 1080p was showing as an option.

However, when connecting my Apple TV 4K or chrome cast 4k to hdmi 2, I was able to select 4k hdr10+ with 4:2:2 color depth.

My problem started when I accidentally changed the wrong setting in the service menu and then restarted my TV. I have been trying to find a way to reset my service menu settings to default, but without a way to access the menu, I am not able to fix any of my problems.

Please please please share how you managed to get into the service menu using 3 different remotes or whatever else you managed to do.

Return to “[M/Q] General”