How to Adjust Picture Settings in Svc Menu [UN50MU6300FXZA] (Broken Ntwking->Bricked Tizen)

General forum talking area for M/Q series TVs.

mrdenbts

How to Adjust Picture Settings in Svc Menu [UN50MU6300FXZA] (Broken Ntwking->Bricked Tizen)

Post by mrdenbts »

TL;DR - everything but HDMI bricked on TV (bought it for 50$ locally) due to broken networking. Need help adjusting picture settings in service menu as it is not great.

Hey y’all - I got the model in topic line for $50 bc networking on it was broken, and seller claimed a lot of the buttons weren’t working. Yeah.. the Tizen UI was absolutely fucked. HDMI not working. About 9 grueling hours of troubleshooting later, I devised a way to get to service menu (took 2 different new remotes and some cunning), in which I set to boot to HDMI1. .. This was after attempting to factory reset, where all was well except for the networking was confirmed bricked. Skipping it brought me back to its previously all but bricked state. … Fucking. Samsung.

It took a bit to get it to be at 10bit and 60hz on Windows. I *think* I might’ve got it to have all 3 HDR options (video streaming, autohdr, and.. the ‘turn HDR on’ option?), but the display on the 4k IPS display on my Yoga 9 (14ITL5) is substantially more vibrant. I’m not sure if it’s because the TV is from 2017, but the difference is way too big.

I think this is because of picture settings. However, I can’t bloody well access those settings on the TV (home/tools/smart hub/menu/source - nothing works).

Now I’ve been using Linux (Garuda for a moment bc the 6 other distorts I tried were very ducky with my hardware/didn’t meet my needs) and I was having issues with the backlight that took a while to resolve. The picture isn’t great on there too, but I haven’t scrutinized it on both OSes yet (and am having some issues with Gnome color mgmt on there).

Basically, if someone can tell me where the picture settings are in the service menu; and if possible know and can tell me which so should not f*ck with—that would be super appreciated. Note sim using Mute 1 8 2 Power to access - haven’t looked into accessing the advanced service menu yet.

What would be absolutely amazing is if someone with the same or a verifiably similar-enough model could tell me their picture settings - I would be forever grateful. so would even post shoe on head for such a hallowed samaritan of samaritans.
mrdenbts

Re: How to Adjust Picture Settings in Svc Menu [UN50MU6300FXZA] (Broken Ntwking->Bricked Tizen)

Post by mrdenbts »

No one across various forums replied :C
Thankfully, seems non-HDR picture issues (calibration) have been for the most part fixed via finding out about EDID, as well as learning that MU6120 is the non US model of the MU6300 - the former having a service manual on here with default calibration settings.
I think the current HDMI cable (to USB-C, as HDMI to HDMI with a hub is more expensive) I'm using is to blame for no HDR on Windows 11 (not supported in Linux yet, I found out after posting OP) - HDR capability has mixed success per the reviews I read. I ordered 2 cables that at least one of which hopefully works - arriving Friday. Can return if they dont work.
notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: How to Adjust Picture Settings in Svc Menu [UN50MU6300FXZA] (Broken Ntwking->Bricked Tizen)

Post by notengo13 »

did you set correct front color on your new board? and panel type?
UE48H6640 T-MST14DEUC 2781.0 root latestH --> 2130.0 skypeRoot-->0000-->2115.3 "Skype refueled" Root
QE55QN93A - - >firmware T-NKM2DEUC-1805.4 (backup 1590.0) - - >update CURL60 Error --> CURL28 Error
mrdenbts

Post by mrdenbts »

The TV has had no parts replaced since it was purchased, so there’s no new hardware (main) board. Apologies if I wasn’t clear above—I’m also not sure what front color is exactly and how to set it. I did change the display settings with those listed as default in service manual, which helped.

If you’re asking in your 2nd Q what panel type, it is MVA (manuf. by Innolux) per this source: https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/4b03ad0

I just remain unable to adjust any setting outside of those in service menu - the TV does not respond to commands to access them nor to pressing home/smart hub buttons, or source button I think it’s because of the broken ntwking, as Samsungs toc/eula were signed before the issues and any factory resetting.
But strangely, I have found no other person with an issue even remotely aligning with this issue of mine. (side note: my remote is the a standard size universal one with many more buttons than original smart remote, though neither of my 3 controllers do anything beyond register the input of my pressing those buttons and other combi attempts)

I see there is an AV inputs (ie navigational, mapping inputs for the options) guide in service manual, but I’m leaning twds that route not working out (need to research further butt need to go bed, more :P)

Oh and the new cable fixed the 60fpd @4k issue, do that’s good.
notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by notengo13 »

mrdenbts wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:07 am
If you’re asking in your 2nd Q what panel type, it is MVA (manuf. by Innolux) per this source: https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/4b03ad0
Check in service menu you have correct TYPE.
IMG_20220203_173600.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UE48H6640 T-MST14DEUC 2781.0 root latestH --> 2130.0 skypeRoot-->0000-->2115.3 "Skype refueled" Root
QE55QN93A - - >firmware T-NKM2DEUC-1805.4 (backup 1590.0) - - >update CURL60 Error --> CURL28 Error
mrdenbts

Post by mrdenbts »

notengo13 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:50 pm
mrdenbts wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:07 am
Check in service menu you have correct TYPE.
IMG_20220203_173600.jpg
There isn’t a similar info-sticker on back of TV—I thought I’d already checked this and saw it was correct (failed to recall this last night when replying here).
Unclear why I thought that, as
1. Type is currently 50D6AU2VK (Tuner is S_T2C)
2. A search for ‘samsung tv type "50d6au2vk"’ shows results for only K series TVs, and one MU7xxx owner per a forum post
3. The Service Manual for UEMU6120KXXU (not sure why 9th character is a K, when UXXU was used instead in filenames for the other two MU6XXX service manuals posted on here)
That service manual lists type (on a troubleshoot page) as 40A6AU2VK. It also has a “-“ for Tuner, and lists options I don’t see on my service menu below ‘Type’ option (see attached pics for the differences). This may be due to MU6120 being EU region.

There does not appear to be a 9-character string on the larger info-sticker on the TV (see attached).
I will do some research now on what the correct Type should be. I’m unclear on consequences of changing to wrong Type, so wont change until I’m clearer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by notengo13 »

You need to remove back cover with Samsung BN81-14946B Service Jig-Open Jig Tool and there is a label on panel where you can see correct TYPE for your panel.
Read more service manual for more info where to get other data you need to check if is everything correct.
Here on forum someone wrote in post (t hink it was on K thread, don't remember exactly where) that you can restore values in service menu changing TYPE if I can remember and then you need to set the correct TYPE.
mrdenbts

Post by mrdenbts »

notengo13 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:31 pm You need to remove back cover with Samsung BN81-14946B Service Jig-Open Jig Tool and there is a label on panel where you can see correct TYPE for your panel.
Read more service manual for more info where to get other data you need to check if is everything correct.
Here on forum someone wrote in post (t hink it was on K thread, don't remember exactly where) that you can restore values in service menu changing TYPE if I can remember and then you need to set the correct TYPE.
That is tool is quite the expensive little piece of plastic! ~$35 with cheapest UPS shipping e.e. .. I ordered it. :)

I believe after scouring the K forum that this is what you are referring to:
https://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f ... 9D#p105670

if the TYPE is incorrect, it would reset to panel TYPE defaults just by changing to the correct TYE, right?
And if it is correct, it’s worth changing to a whichever to the right or left seems a better match, exiting option change screen (ie where you’d use left/right to change a field), then going back into it and changing back to correct TYPE? In other words, that may fix the inaccessible settings/home screen issue, when service menu factory reset would not fix it?
notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by notengo13 »

In theories yes. I can't assure you it will work 100% it's what I guess and what I read here on forum or what I read in service manual.
I hope what reported @maaterturk ir right.

WTF 35$ for piece of plastic :roll: :roll:
mrdenbts

Post by mrdenbts »

notengo13 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:52 pm In theories yes. I can't assure you it will work 100% it's what I guess and what I read here on forum or what I read in service manual.
I hope what reported @maaterturk ir right.

WTF 35$ for piece of plastic :roll: :roll:
I know right?? Yet more Samsung fuckery, in a sea of it.. bastards

that’s good to know tho - from my reading, it seems like chances of bricking are little to none lol, as long as I memorize the change back to original option key combi, and take picture of orig settings

I might I’ll wait til I have the tool before trying, I’m not in a huge rush or anything :P

Return to “[M/Q] General”