How to tell if MU6300 has had Firmware Upgraded

General forum talking area for M/Q series TVs.

mrdenbts

How to tell if MU6300 has had Firmware Upgraded

Post by mrdenbts »

I bought a UN50MU6300FXZA from some guy for $50 bc the TV was mostly fucked, but I managed to get it (almost) to fully operational for my purposes (HDMI in). Can't access settings still due to broken networking, but oh well.

I assume that, when TV was working and owned by above-noted guy, that it auto-updated firmware, right? Like, you expressly have to opt out of auto-updates right when you buy the TV, or something similar?

In service menu, first 3 lines in 1st-level menu's info box are:
T-KTMAKUC-1270-3
T-KTMINTV-1009
TIZEN-3.0-TRUNK2017-KantM-RELEASE_20190404.1

The Tizen release date gives me some hope it wasn't (guy bought TV, he said, ~1.5 yrs ago.. so prolly 2yrs or more. In VG cond. though). But TV was factory reset in svc menu in my possession...
And it looks 1270-3 is later than the firmware #s listed on a post on here I just checked. I don't see why seller homie would not upgrade if prompted by TV.

My Questions
1. Can someone please tell me that T-KTMAKUC-1270-3 version indicates that firmware was upgraded?
2. Is there use to rooting if networking hardware (i.e. wired/wireless) is broken currently? I've looked into basics and it seems no, but--
.. I imagine I'd be able to access the bloody UI settings and home screen/smart hub, which honestly I might just do just out of spite for Samsung having disabled those bc I can't accept EULA w/o internet.
3. I don't think the main board is what needs replacing to fix internet issue (per my understanding from service manual, that is needed if Wired/Wireless MAC aren't showing in the info box, but I'm getting "SUCCESS" for both, and a WiFi version), but haven't really looked into what does. Anyone know what the hardware issue might be, and difficulty level of the fix? Some repair shop guy quoted the seller guy $200 for the fix over the phone [note i'm in DC, USA, where CoL is high], claiming he knew what the issue was - if that helps narrowing things down. ... I may look into a fix (have a couple tech friends who may be able to help me), if I'm able to hack the TV.

Return to “[M/Q] General”