Enabling PVR?

General forum talking area for N/QN series TVs.

DonaldDuck

Re: Enabling PVR?

Post by DonaldDuck » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:07 pm

yes, and I can also play contents stored on the USB (flash)

gth2004

Post by gth2004 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:16 pm

I have a nu8000 55 in 2018 USA model...
I was able to get into the extended service menu using an IR blaster app on a phone with an IR. Using the info , factory, 3speed commands I got to the Local Set option and saw 4 options here : none, us, Canada, and Mexico.
( my set shows US, as expected).

Question: if I change the local set to None or Mexico will this enable the PVR on the TV ?
Risk for either option ?

Note : 2 years ago I was able to get an H series TV pvr option enabled using this process by changing the local set to Carribe as documented elsewhere. But the 2018 model only shows us,Canada,Mexico, and none as explained above.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

gth2004

Post by gth2004 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:24 pm

Update:
I changed the Local Set from US to SD_Mexico (under the service menu/options) and record and schedule to USB appear to be working OK.
(also, Extended PVR is on under MRT section) -

Note - once you get into the service menu...... Local Set is available under Options.
(H series required entering 3speed to get access to Local Set field - this does not appear to be the case with the N series)

Got into service menu using info->factory commands with IR blaster app.

Note : I do not have Samsung Smart Hub enabled - not sure if that would impact things . (never installed/ok'd smart hub)

Return to “[N/QN] General”