New here, Having issues with "Standby" and HDMI recognition

General forum talking area for N/QN series TVs.

RogueZealot

New here, Having issues with "Standby" and HDMI recognition

Post by RogueZealot »

Hello all, newbie named Rogue Zealot here.

I just purchased a new Samsung TV (NU6950) and discovered this forum through my research into an issue I've been having with setup.
My setup right now is very simple: Just the TV connected to my desktop PC via HDMI. Basically it is hooked up as a 3rd monitor with extended desktop display. This all works fine and dandy while the TV is on, but my issue is that when I "turn off" the TV, it goes into "standby" instead of actually powering off. Therefore my PC doesn't recognize the device as being disconnected and doesn't change my display back to 2 monitors (Like it will do if I straight up unplug the TV). I've searched far and wide on the internet and through the many service menu options trying find a way to disable the "Standby" mode or at least something that will stop sending signal thru HDMI, which would make the PC think it's off.

What I've done so far:
AnyNet+ HDMI-CEC is turned off.
Enabled Factory+SPEED3 service menu.
Software Auto-updates are turned off.
Blocked the URLs for firmware updates on my router, and confirmed that checking for new updates now gives an error.

If anyone can help me, it would be very much appreciated. :D

TL;DR: How do I disable standby mode so when I press "POWER" the TV actually turns off?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: New here, Having issues with "Standby" and HDMI recognition

Post by zoelechat »

Look for "instant on" stuff into service menu, then disable.
(screenshot from K, might differ on N)
InstantOn.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

Return to “[N/QN] General”