firmware rollback

General forum talking area for N/QN series TVs.

venture
SamyGO Project Donor

firmware rollback

Post by venture »

firmware rollback possible? NU8000
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: firmware rollback

Post by sectroyer »

venture wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:54 pm firmware rollback possible? NU8000
Only if updates block and you stop updating. if you keep on getting fw updates no way to roll back :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
venture
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by venture »

sectroyer wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:12 pm
venture wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:54 pm firmware rollback possible? NU8000
Only if updates block and you stop updating. if you keep on getting fw updates no way to roll back :)
I blocked updates. lock works. Samsung began to block a smart hub (geoblock). on the previous version of the firmware they couldn’t do it, but now they can. there is still a tunnel through which they have access to tv
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

venture wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:33 pm I blocked updates. lock works. Samsung began to block a smart hub (geoblock). on the previous version of the firmware they couldn’t do it, but now they can. there is still a tunnel through which they have access to tv
If I understand correctly it means you checked on "previous version of fw" and you don't have it. Ergo your tv was updated ? So means you didn't block correctly. If you blocked correctly you would still have "previous version of fw" :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
venture
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by venture »

sectroyer wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:41 pm
venture wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:33 pm I blocked updates. lock works. Samsung began to block a smart hub (geoblock). on the previous version of the firmware they couldn’t do it, but now they can. there is still a tunnel through which they have access to tv
If I understand correctly it means you checked on "previous version of fw" and you don't have it. Ergo your tv was updated ? So means you didn't block correctly. If you blocked correctly you would still have "previous version of fw" :)
I bought already updated. firmware 1290. on the forum 4pda, they write that at 1280 the geoblock does not work. my ju6400 works with your root access on this network
venture
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by venture »

from the geo block you need to block on the router gpm.samsungqbe.com
everything works :)
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Nice :)
venture
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by venture »

this block did not help for long.Samsung has more channels.all hope for you! you are big minds
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

venture wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:58 pm this block did not help for long.Samsung has more channels.all hope for you! you are big minds
You can block internet access to tv. Then there is no more "channels". I do it for ALL my TVs :)

Return to “[N/QN] General”