Enable PVR on Q90R Series

General forum talking area for R/QR series TVs.

gian12000

Enable PVR on Q90R Series

Post by gian12000 »

Hello,
i have bought QE55Q90RATXZT.
To my utter disappointment the PVR option is disable in my conutry: Italy.
I was able to log in in the service menu.
I have changed the regiong to "pannordig" and "Extended Pvr" su ON in MRT Option.
But "Extended Pvr" always comes back to "OFF"
Can someone help me.
Thanks
ymartin
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Enable PVR on Q90R Series

Post by ymartin »

There is a risk that hardware is no sufficient (typically amount of RAM on motherboard) to allow software to properly record.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Hope such highest-end so far model has sufficient hardware, but with Samsung you never know :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

well you can always move to different country and check if works :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
RogerWilco

Post by RogerWilco »

Hello, I'm from Italy as well. I have a Q70 TV set and PVR is disabled only for our country.
I'm bound to think that the hardware is the same regardless of the destination country.
This said I have the same problem as gian12000.
I also tried to have the "local set" option come out since, regardless of the region I set, once I configure the TV from scratch, I can't select anything different from "Italy" when I am asked to input my country.
I have enabled the "extended" service menu (with the FACTORY + 3SPEED buttons) but still had no success.
I even managed to enable the "advanced" menu in the "extended" menu (pressing 0000 over it) and still I didn't get the "local set" setting to show.
Does anyone have any other hint to give us, poor Italians!?
Thanks in advance!
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

RogerWilco wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:19 pm Does anyone have any other hint to give us, poor Italians!?
Thanks in advance!
Buy tv from other country and see if it works? Maybe your tv's are disabled by default on hw level ? :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
RogerWilco

Post by RogerWilco »

sectroyer wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:00 pm Buy tv from other country and see if it works? Maybe your tv's are disabled by default on hw level ? :)
Good suggestion but if only I had imagined such a daft limitation... I would have bought a TV from another maker.
Do you really think that this is a hardware limitation? I don't.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

RogerWilco wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:26 pm
sectroyer wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:00 pm Buy tv from other country and see if it works? Maybe your tv's are disabled by default on hw level ? :)
Good suggestion but if only I had imagined such a daft limitation...
It's right here on forum :)
RogerWilco wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:26 pm I would have bought a TV from another maker.
Do you really think that this is a hardware limitation? I don't.
I think it might be done for EVERY manufacturer. Probably result of some law that your government passed.
gian12000

Post by gian12000 »

sectroyer wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:48 pm
sectroyer wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:00 pm
Probably result of some law that your government passed.
In my country each equipment suitable for video recorder must pay a fee ranging from 0.90€ to 4€. I think it's a really ridiculous cost for a TV that costs from 1500€ to 2000€ ..... I think I'll never buy a Samsung again ......
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

gian12000 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:37 pm In my country each equipment suitable for video recorder must pay a fee ranging from 0.90€ to 4€. I think it's a really ridiculous cost for a TV that costs from 1500€ to 2000€ ..... I think I'll never buy a Samsung again ......
Hehe, I knew it's something Italy specific :) Anyway testing TV from other country would be good way to test :) If it's software only it will be definitely possible to enable on rooted tv :)

Return to “[R/QR] General”